www.cocsbdc.org (661)362-5900 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
8:45 am – 12:15 pm
University Center at College of the Canyons
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Santa Clarita 91355
Choose from 9 workshops in one day!
Visit Jump Start 2014 to register, click here.
Join us for a morning of break-out workshops, networking, and resources for your business. We will cover the hottest online marketing topics and tools. Uncover the tools and resources to help jump start your business in 2014! Our 50 minute workshops feature best practices in:
- Email Marketing Learn best practices in Email Marketing while we show you how to create a Social Media-friendly email. Leave this class ready to create professional-looking email communications that will get real results!
- Social Media Marketing Campaigns Engaging your customers through a well-planned campaign, using Email Marketing and Social Media, can help your business or non-profit grow. We will discuss ideas for online marketing campaigns and tactics for measuring success without spending a lot of time or money.
- Introduction to WordPress This session explains the basics of getting started with WordPress and demonstrates how to manage and maintain a blog or website. Plus, you’ll walk away knowing the latest and greatest tools designed to save you time and money. WordPress is easy to use, maintain and administer.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips, techniques & tools for small business owners. Are prospective customers finding you on the web? Search engine optimization is a critical element of your online marketing strategy. When your potential customers are utilizing major search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing, ensure they will find you and be able to link to your website or blog.
- Analytics – Measuring Your Marketing Return on Investment Are you spending your online marketing resources wisely? Learn how to measure your Online ROI (Return on Investment) including social media, your website stats and other online presence including the use of FREE tools that will give you and your service provider’s metrics for accomplishing your marketing goals.
- YouTube – Video Marketng Success Secrets Video marketing is powerful! YouTube is on fire! Come learn the success secrets from a social media expert who has been in front of and behind the camera. People aren’t just watching the latest viral videos; they’re also watching clips from their favorite businesses and organizations. The good news is you don’t need a fancy production crew or a big budget to do it. You just need a good story and a smartphone or digital camera.
- Get Your Businss on Google PlacesGoogle Business Photos utilizes Google Street View technology to give customers an idea of the layout, décor, and ambience of your business. You can also embed the tour on your own website and social media. These photos are ideal for all businesses, butthey are especially recommended for restaurants, retail shops, gyms, and salons.
- Microsoft Web Tools This session will cover how to obtain your own domain name (.com, .net, .org, etc.), how to send email using your domain email address (email@example.com), and much more.
- Photography Tips and Tricks for Online Marketing This session covers selecting stock images from internal and external stock companies, best practices of using other peoples images or pictures from the internet, minor editing with some free tools available online, simple ways/tips to shoot with your smart phone, and the Constant Contact My Library Mobile App.
The Small Business Development Centers are funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration, and local sponsors. Funding is not an endorsement of any product, opinion, or service. All Federal and State funded programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis.