Information, Guidelines, & Forms
Thank you for your participation in this year’s Congressional Art Competition!
- The competition is open to high school students only.
- Artwork must conform to the restrictions:
- Artwork must be two-dimensional
- Each piece can be no larger than 30″x30″x4″ (30 inches high, 30 inches wide, and 4 inches deep) including the frame. Artwork cannot weigh more than 15 lbs.
- Each entry must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws. Any entry which has been reproduced from an existing photo (not the student’s own), painting, graphic, advertisement, or any other work produced by another person is a violation of the competition rules and will not be accepted.
- Artwork will hang in the Capitol for the entire year of the exhibition and cannot be returned to students earlier. Students, therefore, should submit artwork they will not need for other purposes.
- Artwork categories are as follows:
Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
Collage: must be two dimensional
Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, etc.
Computer generated art