Every Wednesday at 5:10 p.m. Assemblyman Scott Wilk, 38th Assembly District will keep us up to date on all latest news in Sacramento and how it impacts our Santa Clarita Valley.
Hear all of Scott Wilk’s Weekly Updates here!
Wilk Weekly Update – February 19, 2014
Wilk is a Principal Co-Author of the California Film and Television Job Retention and Promotion Act. This bill:
- Lifts the budget cap on feature films eligible to apply for the program. A film any size will be able to apply to the program, however only qualified expenditures of up to $100 million will be eligible for the credit.
- Allows all new 1-hour television series, regardless of where they air, to be eligible for the program. Allows television pilots to be eligible to apply for the program.
- Extends the program for 5 additional years.
- Includes a 5% increase in the tax credit for filming done outside of the LA Zone.
- Offers 25% credit for television shows relocating to California for the first year.
- Modifies the requirement that 75% of production days occur in California to 75% of principal photography days occur in California to ensure more jobs are created here.
For more information on the California State Assembly
Get all the information you need on the Scott Wilk Weekly Update here!
For a full list of the KHTS Podcasts!
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita News alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Source: Santa Clarita Podcasts