Don Fleming was born and raised in Texas. He moved to Southern California after he was discharged from the USMC. He and his wife, Cheri, have an entrepreneurial spirit and have owned various businesses; however, the car business “hooked” them in 1985.
In 1997, Cheri and Don purchased Valencia Acura. At that time Valencia Acura ranked dead last nationally in sales and customer satisfaction. With no place to go but up, Don and Cheri began treating customers the way they would want to be treated, and became a vital force in the Santa Clarita community.
Today Valencia Acura is in the top 25 Acura dealerships in sales and one of the highest ranking customer satisfaction dealerships in the country. Valencia Acura’s sales penetration in their primary market area and customer loyalty ranks among the highest in the nation.
Don also serves on Acura’s corporate Triad Committee that helps develop national marketing.
In addition, Don holds or has held the following positions:
- Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors 2009 Volunteer of the Year
- Past Director and Past Chair – Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital (HMNMH) Foundation Board (2000-2004)
- Advisory Board member – Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital (HMNMH) Foundation Board (2007-present)
- President – Santa Clarita Valley Auto Dealers Association (1998-2005 and 2007-present)
- Director & Executive Committee member – Santa
- Clarita Valley Boys and Girls Club Foundation Board (Auction Co-Chair with Cheri 2004-2005)
- West Ranch Town Council Member
- President – Westridge Homeowners Association
- Director – The Roar Foundation Advisory Board
- Chairman – Crawford Fleming Breast Cancer Awareness Golf Tournament, 1998- present
- Past Director – Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce (VP of Economic Development)
- SCV 2004 Man of the Year
- 2002 Olympic Torch Bearer – nominated by Chevrolet for community service
- Past President SCV Lincoln Club (2003-2005)
- Member of the Santa Clarita Valley Emergency Winter Task Force (appointed by Supervisor Michael Antonovich)
- Director Child & Family Center Board (2009-present)