John Murray Plumbing Tips & Information for Water Conservation and Drain Lines
- Add a few drops of coloring to your toilet tank. If your toilet is leaking coloring will show up in your toilet bowl within 30 minutes.
- Retrofit household faucets by installing aerators with flow restrictors.
- Replace shower heads with ultra-low-flow shower heads.
- Repair dripping faucets by replacing washers. If your faucet is dripping at the rate of one drop per second, you can expect to waste 2,700 gallons per year.
- Consider installing an “instant” water heater on sinks that are located far from your main water heater so you don’t have to let the water run while it heats up.
Go to www.johnmurrayplumbing.com to find out where to get free toilet leak test kits, shower heads, and aerators.
- Carefully pour 1-2 cups of bleach down your kitchen sink, lavatory sinks, and tub/shower drains to help keep build up down. (To prevent discoloration wipe away any leftover bleach on the rim of your drain).
- Liquid plumbers can cause damage to your pipes over time.
- Flush out area drains with a garden hose prior to the rain season to push out dirt and debris.
- If your area drains cannot be cleared with a hose have the drains snaked prior to the rain season to save you time, money, and save your house from flooding.
- Spring and Fall are the seasons of most root growth.
- If you have a problem with area drains or main lines backing-up regularly call John Murray Plumbing to be put on our maintenance schedule.
- For better access to your sewer line make sure you have a clean out every 100 feet. (A sewer clean out is a capped pipe which provides access to a sewer line, allowing us to clean out blockages in the sewer).
16387 Sierra Highway – Canyon Country, CA 91351 Tel: (661) 251-5646 Fax: (661) 251-5008 Lic. #484565