Schedule for Sacramento Road Trip – March 23rd- 24th
March 23, 2009
- 2:30 – Arrive in Sacramento
- 2:50-3:05pm – Assemblyman Smyth – Opening Remarks
- 3:05-3:20pm – Bill Cooper, Castaic Lake Water Agency – Remarks on Water issues.
- 3:20 – 3:50pm – Group meets w/ Assembly Member Jared Huffman, Chair, Assembly Water, Parks and Wildlife
- 3:50pm – Gary Kurutz, Principal State Librarian will meet group for a VIP tour.
- 5:30pm – Check into Hotel
- 7:30pm – Dinner at Firehouse Restaurant – Opening remarks
- 7:35pm Speaker – Mac Taylor – Legislative Analyst, state of California.
March 24th, 2009
- 8:30am – Group meets w/ Senator George Runner
- 9:00am – Group meets w/ Ron Davis, State Legislative Director, ACWA
- 9:30am – 10:00am Group meets w/ Assemblyman Roger Niello, Vice-Chair, Assembly Budget
- 10:00am -10:30am Group meets w/ Jack Scott, Chancellor, CA Community Colleges
- 10:30am – 11:30am- Group takes VIP tour of Capitol
- 11:30 – 1:00 – Lunch on own – Check out of hotel
- 1:15pm – 1:45 – Group meets w/ Hector De La Torre, Chair, Assembly Accountability and Administrative Review Committee
- 1:45pm – 2:15pm – Group meets w/ Assemblyman Mike Eng,Chair, Assembly Transportation Committee
- 2:15-2:45pm – Senator Tony Strickland
- 2:45 – 3:15pm – Group meets w/ Assemblyman Nathan Fletcher Vice-Chair, Assembly Health Committee
- 3:15pm – Assemblyman Cameron Smyth gives closing remarks
- 3:40pm – Lobbying Time and Depart for Santa Clarita