From the cycling enthusiast to the general thrill seeker, AEG, presenter of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California, is offering unique VIP experiences for cycling fans planning to attend this year’s race from May 15 – 22.
These one-of-a-kind VIP experiences offer fans a chance to get right in the action of the largest and most popular cycling event in America. In addition to these special opportunities, fans at the race are encouraged to attend the Lifestyle Festival, an interactive, free-to-the-public, eight-day festival that will travel with the internationally sanctioned professional cycling stage race.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news delivered right to your inbox
Fans who purchase VIP packages for the 2011 Amgen Tour of California will have access to exclusive events and the opportunity to interact with some of the best cyclists in the world. With several custom-designed VIP experiences available, fans will have unique opportunities to get an insider’s view of all the action. Availability is limited for all of the VIP experiences, so fans are encouraged to book their exclusive package right away. Special experiences include:
· VIP Car Ride – Experience the crowd, the course, the energy and the excitement of the race in an official race vehicle. Follow the peloton to get a close view of the riders in a way that only few have done before. Arrive ahead of the cyclists to watch the final moments of the race to the finish line from the Michelob Ultra VIP Lounge. This special package also includes access to the post-race press conference and an Amgen Tour of California Leader Jersey and hat.
· Time Trial Cycling Experience – Ever wonder what it’s like to experience the thrills of racing a professional cycling stage? If so, here’s your chance. This experience allows you to grab your bike and ride the official time trial course. It also includes hotel accommodations for one night.
· Finish Line Package – Get exclusive access to the media compound, green room and official press conference, plus a Michelob Ultra VIP Lounge pass for any stage of the race. This package also includes an official Amgen Tour of California Leader Jersey and hat.
· Individual Michelob Ultra VIP Lounge Passes – Catch all the action and excitement from the best spot in the race – the Michelob Ultra VIP Lounge. Share this experience with other cycling enthusiasts and watch live race feeds on flat screen monitors while enjoying complimentary food and beverages.
· Private VIP Suite – Host your corporate event or company outing at the most prestigious cycling event in North America. Entertain clients and prospects during this unique and memorable race, cultivating your business relationships just feet from the finish line while enjoying gourmet catering, flat screen television broadcast of the race, reception-style seating and much more.
· Overall Start Package – Fans will be picked up from the airport in Reno, Nevada on May 13, and will have hotel accommodations in Lake Tahoe from May 13 through May 15, the official start day of the race. Kicking off the Amgen Tour of California, these fans will attend the Gala Dinner and Team Introductions on May 13. The next morning, fans will hop on their bikes and participate in the Lake Tahoe Ride on May 14. This package also includes all the perks of Stage 1, including a pass to the Michelob Ultra VIP Lounge, a VIP Car Ride, a tour of the media compound, green room access for the awards presentation, as well as an Amgen Tour of California Leader Jersey and hat. Following all the excitement of Stage 1, fans will be provided with transportation back to the Reno Airport on May 16.
· Final Weekend Package – Fans can enjoy the final moments of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California in style with this exclusive package. Fans will be picked up from the Los Angeles or Santa Barbara Airport, then provided with transportation and hotel accommodations in Solvang on May 19. On May 20, these VIP fans will participate in the Time Trial Ride (on the same course the pros will take just moments later), and then take a VIP car ride during the official Time Trial. Following the Time Trial, participants will attend the Stage 6 media compound tour and have access to the green room at the awards presentation. Fans will then be transported to L.A. LIVE, Los Angeles’ home of the best sports and entertainment venues and programming, where they can enjoy a variety of activities, including tickets to the GRAMMY Museum at L.A. LIVE, an ESPN Zone L.A. LIVE game card and a pass to the Michelob Ultra VIP Lounge to view Stage 7. From Los Angeles, fans will be transported to the finish line at Stage 8, where they can relax at the Michelob Ultra VIP Lounge. After celebrating the cyclists’ victories, the fans will return to the Airport on May 22 with an Amgen Tour of California gift bag.
Fans who are looking for special budget-friendly opportunities during the 2011 Amgen Tour of California can attend the Lifestyle Festival, which gives cycling enthusiasts a place to experience race-day festivities in the hours leading up to the exhilarating stage finish. Located near the finish line of each daily stage, the festival will feature race-day activities such as health screenings, cancer awareness education, live music, food, entertainment, sweepstakes drawings, bicycle safety, family activities, interactive displays and presentations featuring dozens of participating vendors.
The Lifestyle Festival will offer a unique experience each day, showcasing the local flavor of each of the eight finish cities. Visitors will be able to:
- Get physical with health and fitness tests at the Health & Fitness Expo
- Be a part of Amgen’s Breakaway from Cancer® initiative, raising awareness of the important program and services offered by the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship, Patient Advocate Foundation, Prevent Cancer Foundation and The Wellness Community
- Collect free items from Amgen Tour of California sponsors and participating companies
- Learn bicycle safety, check your bike at the bike valet and enjoy great bargains on gear, gadgets and more in the Cycling Center
- Pick up cool race merchandise and a commemorative program in the Amgen Tour of California Race Central Pavilion
- Stay connected with fellow fans and the day’s race with live coverage on the big-screen television near the finish line
The Lifestyle Festival will take place from 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in each of the finish cities (North Lake Tahoe, Sacramento, Modesto, San Jose, Paso Robles, Solvang, Mt Baldy and Thousand Oaks, title sponsor Amgen’s headquarter community).
For special VIP experiences, visit http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/VIP-offers/VIP-offers.html. For more information about VIP experiences or about getting involved with the Lifestyle Festival, please contact Melissa Gruber at 213-763-5489 or email@example.com or Jordan Goldberg at 213-763-2652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Amgen Tour of California
The largest cycling event in America, the 2011 Amgen Tour of California is a Tour de France-style cycling road race, presented by AEG, that challenges the world’s top professional cycling teams to compete along a demanding course through the state from May 15-22.