Beginning Monday, August 1 through Wednesday, August 31, community members can help those less fortunate in Santa Clarita by supporting the City’s 4th Annual Summer Food Drive to benefit the SCV Food Pantry.
Donations of non-perishable food items may be delivered to any of the following City facilities; items collected with be distributed by the Pantry to help our neighbors in need.
· City Hall, located at 23920 Valencia Boulevard
· Santa Clarita Sports Complex, located at 30990 Centre Pointe Parkway
· Transit Maintenance Facility, located at 28250 Constellation Road
· Central Park, located at 27150 Bouquet Canyon Road
· Corporate Yard, located at 25663 Avenue Stanford
· Newhall Library, located at 22704 W. Ninth Street
· Valencia Library, located at 23743 Valencia Boulevard
· Jo Anne Darcy Library in Canyon Country, located at 18601 Soledad Canyon Road.
The mission of the Santa Clarita Valley Food Pantry is to alleviate hunger throughout the Santa Clarita Valley, which is accomplished with volunteers who source donations, package nutritious food to stretch a family’s food supply and distribute that food to qualifying residents in the area.
Some of the items most needed by the Pantry include:
- Peanut butter and tuna
- Canned meats, beans, soup, fruit, tomatoes
- Dried soups, pasta, rice, cereal and beans
- Dry milk
- Toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, bar soap and feminine hygiene products
The SCV Food Pantry is celebrating its 25th Anniversary of neighbors helping neighbors because “No child in the Santa Clarita Valley should go to bed hungry.”
The SCV Food Pantry is open to serve clients from 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday; seniors only from 9 to noon on the third Friday of each month and working clients may visit the Pantry from 10 a.m. to noon on the first Saturday of the month.
For more information, visit scvfoodpantry.org or call (661) 255-9078.
A video about the Food Pantry and its clients can be accessed here: