The Small Business Development Center and the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development are hosting a seminar about the resources available to small business owners.
Small business owners and entrepreneurs in the Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys have a chance to speak with representatives from the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development, called Go-Biz, at 8 a.m. Friday at the American Heros Park in Lancaster.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
The meeting, hosted by the local Small Business Development Center, will cover the services offered by Go-Biz and the resources available to small businesses.
There are several key areas that Go-Biz addresses, according to the website.
- Business Development – working with companies to expand their presence in California by streamlining the site selection process and offsetting the cost of doing business with the use of local, state and federal incentives.
- Permit Streamlining – help for business owners struggling with local, state and federal permitting for major job creating projects.
- Small Business Assistance – providing assistance through interagency projects, informational workshops, and direct advocacy, in addition to a comprehensive list of resources for small business technical assistance, financing, and state procurement.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – promoting California’s innovation infrastructure and functioning to develop an environment that encourages entrepreneurship, promotes long term economic growth and facilitates job creation through innovation.
- International Affairs and Trade Development – providing critical support on issues relating to international trade and investment opportunities, foreign relations, international agreements and partnerships with the countries that have a friendly relationship with California.
For more information or to RSVP for the event, call Fox’s Palmdale office at 661-267-7636.
The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development was created by Governor Edmund Brown to serve as California’s single point of contact for economic development and job creation efforts. GO-Biz offers a range of services to business owners including attraction, retention and expansion services, site selection, permit streamlining, clearing of regulatory hurdles, small business assistance, international trade development, assistance with state government and much more.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Santa Clarita News