Employment laws can cause serious pitfalls to employers who are not familiar with them. To bring local business owners up to date on new laws and regulations for 2013, the Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce is holding a free Lunch and Learn Employment Law Update Seminar on Friday, January 25, 11:45 a.m. at their office on Tourney Road.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
The event is hosted by Myers, Widders, Gibson, Jones & Feingold, L.L.P. and will cover the following important topics:
- The Latest on Meal and Rest Breaks (Life after Brinker)
- At-Will Language in Employee Handbooks
- Pregnancy Disability
- Commission Agreement Requirements
- Social Media and the NLRB
- New Posting Requirements
- Religion and Reasonable Accomodation
- Sex Discrimination and Breastfeeding
- Sexual Harassment
- Personal Records
Admission is free, but RSVP is required. Contact Cheryl Ramirez at CRamirez@scvchamber.com or 661-702-6977. Click here to register.
- Santa Clarita Valley Chamber of Commerce To Hold Employment Law Seminar
- Source: Santa Clarita News
- Allison Pari