Local business owners have to keep their finger on the pulse of the Santa Clarita Valley’s commercial and real estate markets. To help them understand how the local economy is faring, where it is headed and what that means for businesses, the College of the Canyons Chancellor’s Circle is holding the fifth annual Business Symposium on Friday, Sept. 20 from 7:30 11 a.m. in the COC University Center.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
The symposium will feature five guests speakers who will provide tips and information on how local businesses can position themselves to respond to both positive and negative changes in the real estate marketplace.
A local real estate forecast pertaining to the SCV commercial and residential markets and how they will affect the state’s ongoing economic recovery will also be presented.
“As the regional economy continues to create new opportunities for growth and development, we are pleased to host this informative event and provide local businesses with the knowledge and insight needed to move forward,” said COC Chancellor Dianne Van Hook.
Breakfast will be served beginning at 7:30 a.m., followed by the main presentation at 8 a.m. The lineup of scheduled speakers and presentation topics for the morning includes:
- Kimberley Ritter-Martinez, an economist with the Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation will speak about “The Impact of Real Estate Trends and Expectations for the Future.”
- Craig Peters, a realtor with CB Richard Ellis will speak about “Commercial Real Estate: an update on the SCV commercial real estate market.”
- Neal Weichel, a realtor with RE/MAX will speak about “Residential Real Estate: an overview of current, past and future markets.”
- Roxie Ramie, a realtor with Realty Executives will speak about “Residential Real Estate: current market data analysis.”
- Fred Arnold, a mortgage broker with American Family Funding will speak about “Expectations for the Future.”
Registration for the Chancellor’s Circle Business Symposium is free for Chancellor’s Circle members and $25 for non-members. Tickets are available through the COC Foundation.
All reservations must be received by 3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12. Space for this event is limited. To register for the event, please contact the COC Foundation at 661-362-3434 or email@example.com.
About the Chancellor’s Circle
The Chancellor’s Circle is a partnership between College of the Canyons and a diverse group of businesses, community members, non-profit groups, government leaders and others who are committed to strengthening the community by actively supporting strong partnerships.
Through their membership fees, Chancellor’s Circle members help raise funds to assist deserving students in affording college, as well as for special programs that enhance educational access for students.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Santa Clarita News