If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to put on a welding helmet, drop down the faceguard and fire up a torch, College of the Canyons has a tour for you.
The COC Welding Technology department is hosting an interactive Open House from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at their state-of-the-art welding lab on the college’s Valencia campus.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox
COC students, faculty and staff and community members are invited to visit the college’s welding technology lab for an interactive evening of fun, designed to showcase the many new exciting opportunities available to students interested in pursuing a career in welding.
During the event attendees will have the opportunity to:
· Take a hands-on welding ‘test drive’ using one of the college’s virtual reality welding machines.
· View the college’s robotic automation equipment, and witness it moving to the sound of music.
· Learn how laser welding is fast becoming the industry’s top technology of choice.
· Tour the college’s state-of-the-art welding labs, including the all-new metal fabrication laboratory.
· Meet with welding faculty and learn more about the types of welding programs available at COC
The event will take place in the COC welding technology lab — Towsley Hall, Room 128 (located behind Bonelli Hall, adjacent to the Classroom Village). For more information, contact Tim Baber, department chair, COC Welding Technology, (661) 362-3062