The holiday season is here and holiday shoppers are already lining up for sales. The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station has compiled a list of 10 holiday shopping safety tips for the community to remember during this holiday season.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
- Expect to encounter crowds and long lines. When shopping with your children, especially younger children, snap a photo of each one with your smart phone before heading out. If your child becomes separated from you, you will have a current photo and an accurate clothing description to provide to store security and law enforcement.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not purchase items from non-licenses solicitors in parking lots
- Make sure valuable items are not left in plain sight in vehicles.
- Report any suspicious activity to law enforcement. If you see something, say something.
- Practice patience! Long lines can lead to short tempers. Expect to encounter possibly frustrating delays on major shopping days.
- Never leave your purse, wallet, cell phone, or shopping cart unattended.
- Notify the credit card issuer immediately if your credit card is lost, stolen or misused.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
- Commit random acts of kindness, and do whatever you know is right!
Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Deputies will be on-duty and out in force throughout the holidays to help the residents we serve. Before going to holiday events and consuming alcohol, have a plan, and have a designated driver.
Story and Photo Courtesy of the Santa Clarita Sheriff’s Station.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at email@example.com.
Source: Santa Clarita News