Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
In each of the 19 categories, the Sundials’ student-employees won either a first-, second- or third-place award. The nominees find out this weekend where they placed.
Soley-Cerro also works for KHTS AM-1220 as a freelance writer and reporter.
- Best Color Advertisement – Jennifer Luxton, Charlie Kaijo
- Best Breaking News Story – Melissa Simon, Loren Townsley
- Best News Story (non-breaking) – Christina Cocca
- Best Feature Story – Melody Cherchian
- Best Editorial – Staff
- Best Audio Slideshow – Christina Cocca
- Best Video – Brita Potenza
- Best Features Photograph – Ken Scarboro
- Best Photo Illustration – Anthony Brown, Loren Townsley, Charlie Kaijo
- Best News Page Design – Jennifer Luxton
- Best News Page Design – Gabriel Ivan Orendain-Necochea
- Best Sports Page Design – Anthony Brown
- Best Infographic – Abby Jones
- Best Cartoon – Gabriel Ivan Orendain-Necochea
- Best Overall Design – Staff
- Best Features Page Design – Abby Jones
- Best Features Page Design – Jasmine Mochizuki, Jennifer Luxton
- Best Headline Portfolio – Alonso Tacanga
- Best Special Section – Staff
“The Daily Sundial is an award-winning, and financially independent, student newspaper and web site,” according to the paper’s site, run by “student journalists who seek to gather, write, edit and publish or disseminate news for our students and community.”
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, Or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org