Group of Santa Clarita restaurants offering percentage of proceeds to earthquake relief efforts.
Usually, helping a good cause means following your heart. Today, just follow your stomach and watch as goodwill spreads from our valley to Haiti.
A select group of local restaurants have joined together to pledge 15% of all proceeds from today’s sales to earthquake relief efforts. The small island nation was battered January 12 with a 7.0 earthquake that toppled buildings and affected the lives of millions.
The money raised from today’s fundraiser will be donated to the Red Cross specifically for relief in Haiti.
The following restaurants will be donating 15% of proceeds today:
- Wolf Creek Restaurant and Brewing Co. – 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Salt Creek Grille – 11:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Baja Fresh, Valencia – 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Baja Fresh, Canyon Country – 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m
- Egg Plantation – 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- The Tea Gardens – 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lamppost Pizza – 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Restaurants donating 10% of proceeds today:
- Lazy Dog Café – 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Previously a group of restaurants including some of those listed above were able to raise over $10,000 for relief after Hurricane Katrina. Organizers hope to beat that total this time around.
Photo above from Salt Creek Grille’s website.