by Karena Thek Lineback
Then it’s time to turn Worn-Out and Weary into Fresh & Healthy, Lean & Toned. Maybe the holidays wore you out or maybe it is a fatigue that is more entrenched. Maybe it an imbalance in your life stemming from responsibilities. It is the priority of those responsibilities that can begin a vicious cycle of fatigue.
The typical cycle goes like this:
- You have responsibilities that leave you with no time to exercise.
- Lack of exercise and lowered fitness levels leave you with even less energy and less drive to get out there and exercise.
- You become less fit, you become discouraged and less inclined to exercise.
- You take care of your responsibilities, feel more exhausted and your chance of getting sick is constantly increased.
When I see patients at our rehabilitation location, SCV Therapy Services, many are worn-out and weary when they begin. Not surprising because they have generally been dealing with chronic pain issues along with loads of responsibility for a long time. They complain frequently of being exhausted. Energy returns and fatigue is reduced with just a little bit of added exercise.
My advice for being worn-out and weary? Get moving. If you don’t, you encourage the cycle that will lead to being less fit and less able to handle everyday demands. The side-effects, besides increased energy, are too many to count but here are a few:
- Great arms, abs, shoulders and back muscles
- A toned, tight tush that your spouse will be sure to notice
- Reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduced risk of diabetes
You are worth it and your family is so totally worth it. Wouldn’t it be awesome to be that spouse/partner that has endless energy and a great bod’ to go with it?
Karena Thek Lineback is the operator of Pilates Teck and SCV Therapy Services in Newhall. She is the author of Osteo Pilates and host of the nationwide public television program “Pilates for Healthy Bodies.” She also hosts Today’s Women and Health on AM-1220. To learn more about living a healthy lifestyle, visit www.OsteoPilates.com or call 661.260.1609.