On Tuesday, the Saugus Union School District will honor 17 of their classified employees, or employees who are not assigned to a classroom teaching position.
The Saugus Union School District will honor 17 of their employees and announce the 2014 Classified Employee of the Year at a special ceremony on Tuesday.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Classified employees are those who are not assigned to a classroom teaching position. The district’s Classified Employee of the Year ceremony will honor one representative from each school, in addition to the Maintenance and Operations Department and the Main District Office.
District officials will recognize each employee individually for their accomplishments and contributions.
Chad Hammitt, assistant superintendent of Human Resources, said that the district chooses which employees to honor based primarily on three criteria: performance on the job, community and district involvement beyond job requirements and overall contributions to make the district better for students, parents and the community.
One employee from the 17 honorees will be announced as the Classified Employee of the Year and entered into the county-wide nomination process for recognition at the state level.
This years honorees are listed below.
- Lori Oster – Bridgeport Elementary
- Darlene Chandler – Cedarcreek Elementary
- Michael Tweed – District Office
- Jill McCarty – Emblem Academy Elementary
- Lori Alvarado – James Foster Elementary
- Daniel Gross – Helmers Elementary
- Ana Ibarbia – Highlands Elementary
- Francisco Salaues – Maintenance & Operations
- Dena Abbinanti – Mountainview Elementary
- Sulema Garcia – North Park Elementary
- Cheryl Jakiel – Plum Canyon Elementary
- Frank Wysong – Rio Vista Elementary
- Nanci Allen – Rosedell Elementary
- Sergio Serrano – Santa Clarita Elementary
- Justin Renolds – Skyblue Mesa Elementary
- Tracie Linn-Tyrrell – Tesoro del Valle Elementary
- Robert Steiner – West Creek Academy Elementary
There ceremony will be held at 6 p.m. at the Saugus Union School District Office on Avenue Stanford and is free and open to the public.
The event is sponsored by the Schools First Federal Credit Union.
For more information, click here or call 661-294-5300.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Santa Clarita News