Listed below are contact numbers issued by the City of Santa Clarita to assist in storm repairs.
Winter Storms 2005
Public Information Numbers
City of Santa Clarita
Building & Safety (Damage to home) (661) 255-4935
Street Repairs (Potholes, mud) (661) 294-2520
Storm Drains (Debris in drains) (661) 286-4098
Traffic Signal Outages (661) 294-2520
Emergency Management Information (661) 286-4093
Unincorporated Areas of LA County – (Castaic, Stevenson Ranch,
Val Verde, Leona Valley, Green Valley, Acton, & Aqua Dulce)
LA County Building & Safety (Damage to home) (661) 222-2940
LA County Road Maintenance Districts (661) 947-7173
Supervisor Antonovich-Field Office (661) 287-3657
Caltrans Road Conditions (800) 847-7623
Metrolink Route Schedules (800) 371-5465
Santa Clarita Transit Route Information (661) 294-1287
State of California Dept of Housing (951) 782-4420
(Mobile home parks with damage-State has
American Red Cross (661) 259-1805
Immediate Emergency-threat to life & safety 911
Santa Clarita Sheriff’s Station (661) 255-1121
LOS ANGELES COUNTY, STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND FEDERAL RESOURCES FOR VICTIMS OF THE 2005 WINTER STORMS
Local Assistance Center
Castaic Sports Complex
31230 Castaic Road
Los Angeles County Resources:
Department of Public Works (DPW)
- Can assist with permitting for rebuilding and repairs for residents in unincorporated areas of the County.
- 24-hour telephone #: (626) 458-HELP
Department of Public Social Services (DPSS)
- Can assist families to connect with emergency welfare programs.
- (877) 481-1044
Department of Consumer Affairs
- General guidance on working with recovery issues, i.e. insurance companies, contractors, etc. They can also confirm if a contractor is licensed.
- 1 (800) 593-8222
Community and Senior Services (CSS)
- Provides information on senior related issues and can offer appropriate referrals.
- 1 (800) 510-2020
Department of Health Services (Environmental Health)(DHS)
- Provides information about public health nursing, education, and health assessments.
- 1 (800) 427-8700
Department of the Assessor
- Assists with disaster-related tax relief,
- (818) 833-6000
Department of Mental Health (DMH)
- Provides information for crisis counseling and appropriate referrals.
- 1 (800) 854-7771
State of California Resources:
Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Administers the State Supplemental Grant Program for families. People must register with FEMA before they can work with DSS.
- 1 (800) 759-6807
Department of Insurance
- Provides assistance with insurance related problems and questions.
- 1 (800) 927-HELP
Federal Government Resources
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Assists with temporary housing, home repairs, checking on FEMA application status, and many other things.
- 1 (800) 621-FEMA (Teleregistration number)
- 1 (800) 462-7585 (TYY)
Small Business Administration (SBA)
- They can help with low interest loans for repairs or rebuilding. SBA can also provide low interest business loans. They should be able to help with anything not covered by insurance.
- 1 (800) 488-5323
American Red Cross
- Assistance with emergency needs, including food, shelter and housing, medical prescriptions, and clothing.
- (888) 737-4306
- Provides phone referrals to numerous agencies that provide various support services. Good all purpose referral service.
- 1 (800) 337-6993