Local nonprofits have nominated 29 men and women for the honor of 2014 Man and Woman of the Year.
The 2014 Man and Woman of the Year Recognition Dinner is less than a month away, and tickets are now available online.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Nonprofits in the Santa Clarita Valley nominated 29 candidates–15 men and 14 women–for the honor, and the two winners will be revealed at the dinner on Friday May 2 at the Hyatt at Valencia, hosted by Steve Sturgeon and Elizabeth Hopp, 2013 Man and Woman of the Year.
This year’s nominating organization included Samuel Dixon Family Health Centers, Bridge to Home, the SCV Senior Center, Domestic Violence Center and Child & Family Center.
The nominees were introduced at a Paparazzi Party on March 4 at the Sand Canyon estate home of Dianne and Wayne Crawford.
Individual tickets to the Recognition Dinner are $125, and $1,100 sponsorships for a full table of 10, which includes the sponsor’s company name on the table and a half page ad in the program book. Nominating organizations can also purchase quarter, half or full page notes of appreciation for their nominees.
The Man and Woman of the Year nominees are listed below.
Santa Clarita Man of the Year Nominees
- Jim Backer, SCV Education Foundation
- Donald Biggs, Samuel Dixon Family Health Center
- Tim Davis, Bridge to Home
- Bob Heinisch, American Legion-Newhall/Saugus
- Carl Kanowsky, SCV Boys & Girls Club
- Taylor Kellstrom, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
- Jonathan Kraut, Domestic Violence Center
- Bill Lively, SCV Senior Center
- Frank McMahan, Sunrise Rotary
- Randy Moberg, College of the Canyons Foundation
- Chuck Morris, Friendly Valley Veterans Club
- Cary Quashen, Action Family Foundation
- Dave Reeves, Rotary Club of SCV
- Eric Stroh, Carousel Ranch
- Steve Zimmer, Child & Family Center
Santa Clarita Woman of the Year Nominees
- Dorothy Bernier-DuVall, American Legion-Newhall/Saugus
- Jill Bondy, Circle of Hope
- Marianne Cederlind, Carousel Ranch
- Sue Endress, Rotary Club of SCV
- Cheryl Gray, SCV Boys & Girls Club
- Linda Hafizi, HMNMH Foundation
- Tracy Hauser, SCV Senior Center
- Molly Hodson, Sunrise Rotary
- Krissy McAfee, Action Family Foundation
- Laina McFerren, Child & Family Center
- Susan Reynolds, Domestic Violence Center and Boy Scouts of America
- Michele Stallings, California Youth Chess League and Sean’s Fund
- Karen Maleck-Whiteley, Zonta Club of SCV
- Doris Marie Zimmer, College of the Canyons Foundation.
Source: Santa Clarita News