There is no news to report on DAVID and MICHAEL as they continue their journey on the path to recovery. They very much appreciate knowing that the community continues to support them with love, prayers, good thoughts, and encouragement.
* DON CUCO Mexican Restaurant & Cantina Fundraiser – Mark your calendars for Tuesday night, February 28, 2006 from 5:00pm to 10:00pm. Don Cuco, located at 24130 W. Lyons Avenue (661) 254-4874 will be donating 20% of sales to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. This is one of David’s favorite restaurants! You can check out the menu ahead of time at: www.doncucorestaurants.com. Remember…you’ll need to bring the attached flyer – it must be presented when ordering. Hope to see you all there!!!
* REMINDER: TOMORROW…(Saturday, February 4, 2006) at 10:00am we will be having a Fundraiser Group Meeting at the Newhall Church of the Nazarene. Patty at SCC Fund Raising has offered to bring the committee some of her delicious butter braids! We have a lot to discuss, including the logistics of some upcoming events and many other hot topics! If you would like to be a part of the fund raising group and you did not receive a separate email regarding this meeting, please contact us for further details.
* Please check our "Help Wanted" section tomorrow night, following our Fundraising meeting. We will have a clearer definition of some of the different ways YOU can help our effort!!
* We are still searching for a second STORAGE FACILITY. There are a lot of wonderful, caring people out there who have so kindly offered to donate some much needed furniture for the Ewart family…but we have no place to store it! Please, please, please…is there someone out there who can offer some extra space in a garage? part of a warehouse? storage facility? Please ask your friends & coworkers.
* Regarding MATTY, the Off-Broadway show at Hart High on February 25th…we have received a few emails that said, "…if there are any seats left, we’d like XXX number of tickets". Folks…we have 800 seats to fill, so trust us when we say there are PLENTY of seats left!! This is a great family event, with a top quality entertainer!!! You do not need to pre-purchase tickets, we are just taking a list of those interested in attending so we’ll have an idea of when we start getting close to capacity! Just send us an email & let us know how many seats you’d like.
* The staff at Placerita Jr. High collected a total of $1,270 to be donated to the Ewart Family! This number is higher than the number previously reported, so we wanted to share the great news with everyone!!! Thanks, Placerita Staff for making a difference!!
*** GENERAL INFORMATION: ***
* Remember that if you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the Ewarts, you can go online to www.eopf.org or you can send a check to the EOPF (putting "David Ewart" on the memo line) to: EOPF, 12001 Ventura Place, 5th Floor, Studio City, CA 91602. 100% of the EOPF donations go to the Ewart’s with no administrative expenses deducted.
* If you have items that YOU would like to sell on E-Bay…but you’re not sure if they will sell, or you are not sure how to go about putting them up, please contact Zoe at: firstname.lastname@example.org and she will help determine the items’ sellability. If the items are small enough, she will even offer to have you ship the items to her & she’ll put them on the website for the Ewarts.
* In case anyone would like to have money wired directly into the Ewarts Catastrophe Account, here is the info you will need: Routing Number is: 121000248 (this is considered a "wire"). The account number at Wells Fargo is: 8606-155136, and the name on the account is "David Ewart Catastrophe Fund". To clear up any confusion, the funds in this account are for David AND Michael.
* Remember, if you’d like to visit David or Michael, you can contact Mary Berg at (661) 259-2877 or e-mail her at email@example.com. She will be happy to schedule you in for a visit. Again, due to the vast amount of doctors appointments and the nature of their injuries, your appointment may at times need to be rescheduled. We all appreciate your understanding in this matter.
* Zoe has challenged all of her Independent Distributor friends (i.e. Tupperware, Mary Kay, Avon, Tastefully Simple, Close To My Heart, Pampered Chef, Stampin’ Up, Arbonne, etc.) to donate a percentage of their February sales to the Ewarts. These folks who live up in Washington don’t even know the Ewarts, yet many are willing to take the challenge & run with it! Any takers here in California? Florida? Oregon?
Remember to check the websites… http://www.EwartAid.org
and Jonathan’s website: http://firstname.lastname@example.org/
* "Where there is Love, there is Hope" Creative Card Contest - Stay tuned for details for an upcoming creative art contest. The winning designs will be used to produce blank printed cards that will be packaged and sold. All proceeds will benefit the Ewarts and winners will receive a wonderful prize! This contest/fund raiser helps tie-in David and his family’s love for the arts while also raising money for the family.
*** SPECIAL REQUEST ***
* David, a professional violinist in LA had several violins, bows and a viola in his home on December 20th all of which were lost as a result of the tragic fire. This unfortunate loss included several bows by Sartory, Hill and Nurenberger and a fine Italian violin by Jannarius Gaglianus, made in 1765. Anyone who knows David, knows that the music continues to live in his heart, his soul and his spirit. He can’t possibly keep it bottled up inside – his music must be shared with not only the community…but the world. If there is anyone who might have a Jannarius Gaglianus violin in their possession, would they consider letting David use it to share his beautiful music once again? It would be a most amazing blessing if we could help to reunite a masterful violinist with an instrument worthy of his talents.