The following is an update on the Ewart family fire, courtesy of Josy & Steve Block. The fire destroyed the Ewart’s Valencia home last Tuesday. Three family members are still in critical, but stable condition.
The condition of the Ewarts continues to be critical but stable. The Grossman Burn Center "hotline" has not been updated since 12/22/05. You can keep trying as it should be updated soon. The phone number is: (818) 907-2887.
* Please say a special prayer for Heather and Jonathan Ewart who visited the Burn Center for the first time today. This must have been very difficult for the young children and our hearts and prayers go out to them.
* Thanks to KHTS Radio for advertising our blood drive today. There was standing room only at the Valencia Hills Clubhouse and we would like to give a HUGE thanks to all the friends, neighbors, strangers and community members who gave their time and blood to make today’s blood drive a huge success. Many thanks to Linda Skvarna for all her efforts in coordinating this drive!!! And of course, our appreciation to the Red Cross for staffing the Drive.
* You may have seen the article in The Signal this morning highlighting the kids who went Caroling last night. They spread cheer amongst the neighborhood and brought joy to the many neighbors who have been feeling so somber this holiday season. Thanks to everyone who participated and especially to our organizers & strolling guitarist!
* This afternoon, three young ladies, Monica Hamilton, Megan LaBat and Brittani Garrison went door-to-door to sell Mistletoe to the residents of the neighborhood. They earned $246.50 which they are donating to the David Ewart Catastrophe Fund. Way to go, girls!!
* We have received an offer to donate a sectional couch and a new printer for the Ewart family.
* Kids’ Mental Health – There are a number of resources available for any kids who may have been affected or traumatized by this tragedy. If you are in need of such services and you were not at the Debriefing Meeting on 12/20/05, please let me know & I’ll be happy to pass on the information to you.
* The Extreme Makeover video is just about being finished with its editing. Many thanks to all the people with an "in" at Extreme Makeover for stepping up and offering to help get this video into the right hands. If anyone would like to see the video, you can contact Michelle Crawford at (661) 222-7398.
* On January 7, 13 and 14, Michelle Crawford will be setting up a table (complete with pictures of David in Coaching Action as well as photos of the kids in Wm. Hart Baseball attire) at the Wm. Hart Baseball Spring Tryouts. She will have a Donation Jug available for families to contribute to. We will need volunteers to help man the tables. If you are available to assist in this capacity, please contact Michelle at: 222-7398. Specific times will be forthcoming.
* Wolf Creek Restaurant & Brewing Company has volunteered to donate meals and/or gift certificates for the Ewarts.
* Mountasia has offered to donate free passes for the kids to attend their amusement park.
* We need someone with access to a STORAGE FACILITY that we may use to store the large-ticket items that people want to donate. I am going to guess that we’ll need this facility for 6-12 months. It must be large enough to house big items, such as couches, beds, furniture. Please contact me via email if you know of anyone that may be able to help in this respect.’
* Is there a WEBMASTER out there that may be able to donate their time to create a David Ewart Website on my home computer? I can verbalize some design ideas & links, and I’m happy to update it regularly, but I am not experienced in setting one up. Again, if anyone knows someone that may be able to help, please let me know.
* PICTURES – If you have any pictures from the inside of the Ewart Home, please send copies as they will be helpful for the Insurance Adjusters in determining replacement costs. You can send to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321. Please mark the envelope: EWART PICTURES OF HOUSE
* Blood Drives:
12/29/05 at the Grossman Burn Center 4929 Van Nuys Blvd. Sherman Oaks, CA 91316
1/7/06 AND 1/14/06 – Newhall Church of the Nazarene 23857 The Old Road, Newhall, CA 91321 (661) 259-5272
Cards, Letters, Pictures - Send to Imagination Station, Attn: David Ewart, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321. If you are sending pictures, please be sure to mark the envelope: "PICTURES".
Meal Rotations – contact Diane Kaufler at Dkinscv@comcast.net (661) 259-2766
Visitation – Still limited to IMMEDIATE family only.
Scrapbooking – If you are interested in the OO2 Scrapbook Event on January 13, 2006 at the OO2 Clubhouse at 6:00pm, please contact Linda Cavataio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scrapbooking – If you are interested in the Scrapbooking Event at Remember When…Scrapbooking on January 28, 2006 from 5pm to 10pm, please sign up by sending an email to: Blocktalk@pacbell.net. We will be able to accommodate the first 23 people to respond. As a reminder, the owner of the Scrapbook Store will be donating the products to create these memory books for the Ewarts.
Donations: Checks to be made payable to "David Ewart Catastrophe Fund" and must reference account number: 8606155136. The fund is at Wells Fargo Bank. Also you may donate via Credit Card or Pay Pal by going to www.EOPF.org and follow the links.
SPECIAL THANKS to each and everyone of you who are doing so much for the Ewarts. I wish I could send a personalized thank you note to each and every one of you – especially those who have made donations. Unfortunately, we don’t have a record of everyone who donated money, so if you did, please accept our heartfelt thanks and gratitude for making a difference in this families’ lives.