Here’s the latest update on the Ewart Family. In the early morning on Tuesday, December 20th, fire destroyed their Valencia home. Six family members were in the house at the time, three were seriously injured and sent to the Grossman Burn Center. Since the fire, our Valley has jumped in to assist. This is the latest update courtesy of neighbors, Josy and Steve Block.
Michael is the same. He is sleeping much of the day and night which is normal for someone with the injuries that he has sustained.
David is the same – he is still in critical, but stable condition. Soon, they will evaluate when to take him off of the respirator.
* Our website is up and ready to go "live". Please visit: www.EwartAid.org We extend our sincerest thanks to Marc Sazer for all his hard work in creating the site and getting it up & going – we couldn’t have done it without him!! You may check the site every evening for the daily updates. We will run "parallel" for at least the next week or so – I will continue sending you updates via email, and you can go to the website for any information you may need to double check. Also, please share this website with anyone you think may be interested.
* Sports Stars – thanks to everyone for their efforts in contacting sports stars, and getting autographs and memorabilia. We’ll keep you posted as the details unfold!
* Stories and Anecdotes – Thanks to those of you who have starting sending in stories about the Ewarts. Please keep ‘em coming! We’d love to have a whole book of stories – everything from how you met…to the things that "strike" you about him. Stories that warmed your heart or tickled your fancy. Email stories to firstname.lastname@example.org & please put "story" in the subject line. If you happen to have a digital picture of yourself, please send it in as well. As part of the memory book, we want to include pictures of the Ewarts friends who mean so much to them. If your pictures are not digital, you can send them to: Imagination Station, PO Box 220983, Newhall, CA 91321 ATTN: PICTURES.
Upcoming Blood Drives:
* Saturday, January 7, 2006 at the Church of the Nazarene, 23857 The Old Road, Newhall, CA 91321 (661) 259-5272. Please call the Church office for specific times & details.
* Sunday, January 22, 2006 at the Church of the Nazarene, 23857 The Old Road, Newhall, CA 91321 (661) 259-5272. 2:00pm – 6:00pm Please note that on this date there will also be a bone marrow registry drive for Ryan Baker. We have just learned that KCAL/KCBS TV will be planning to cover the story! This is awesome news for both the Ewart family and the Baker family!!! Let’s all show our support (if you recently donated blood, you will have to wait a couple of months before you can donate again).