Disneyland – Diamond Celebration – Banner
Union Bank – Banner
Hugo Naturals – Banner
Green Convergence – Sun Power – Banner
San Diego Zoo – Generic – Banner
Academy Swim Club – Banner
College Of The Canyons – Banner
Adage IT – Banner
Newhall Land – Banner
Santa Clarita Autosound – Banner
IHOP – Banner
Beyond Harmony – Banner
SCV Chinese School – Banner 3
Santa Clarita Transit – Dump the Pump – Banner
California High Speed Rail – Palmdale – Banner
Simply Taylored – Banner
SCV Chinese School – Banner
Valencia Town Center – Farmer’s Market – Banner
SCV Chinese School – Banner 2
SCV Senior Center – Touch A Truck 2015 – Banner
Galpin Motors – Banner
Nothing Bundt Cakes – Banner
AV Party Rental – Banner
Brent’s Carpet One – Banner
Facey – Banner
Patterson’s Collision Center – Banner
Action Family Counseling – Banner
Newhall Land – 2015 – Banner
All Americans Bail Bonds – Banner
Today
It is forecast to be Clear at 7:00 PM PDT on May 27, 2015
Clear
78°/55°
Home » Santa Clarita News » FEMA Will Reimburse 75 Percent In Powerhouse Fire Firefighting Costs
FEMA Will Reimburse 75 Percent In Powerhouse Fire Firefighting Costs

FEMA Will Reimburse 75 Percent In Powerhouse Fire Firefighting Costs

(Cal-EMA news release) – Gov. Jerry Brown secured federal financial assistance to help ensure the availability of firefighting resources to fight the Powerhouse Fire, which has burned 19,500 acres, forced more than 2,000 to evacuate and continues to threaten more than 1,000 homes.


Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.


Early Sunday morning, California received approval from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for a special Fire Management Assistance Grant (FMAG), which provides funds to reimburse eligible firefighting expenses.

“Based on the weather conditions and threat to homes by the Powerhouse Fire, it’s critically important that we ensure our local and state firefighters have sufficient resources to fight this fire,” Cal EMA Secretary Mark Ghilarducci said. “This fire comes early in the fire season and is burning in an area that hasn’t been scorched since the 1920s.”

This federal funding provided by FEMA allows a 75 percent federal cost-share reimbursement, through the president’s disaster relief fund, to California for eligible costs incurred in firefighting activities. The other 25 percent of firefighting costs is left to the local jurisdiction.

The FMAG is available to state, local and tribal governments. The reimbursed costs must be the result of fire disaster declared by the governor and performed within the designated fire area using resources requested by incident commanders. Reimbursements can include supplies, labor, travel, repairs, administrative costs and mobilizations and demobilizations.

The Powerhouse Fire, which began at 3:41 pm Thursday, has burned about 19,500 acres and remains 20 percent contained. The fire is threatening 1,000 residences in and around the communities of Lake Hughes, Lake Elizabeth and Green Valley resulting in mandatory evacuations of at least 1,800 people. The fire is also threatening schools and high voltage power lines in the area.


Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at community@hometownstation.com.




Source: Santa Clarita News


FEMA Will Reimburse 75 Percent In Powerhouse Fire Firefighting Costs

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

About KHTS AM 1220

Hugo Naturals – News Banner
AV Party Rental – News Banner
Academy Swim Club – News Banner
All American Bail Bonds – News Banner
College Of The Canyons – News Banner
Action Family Counseling – News Banner
Beyond Harmony – News Banner
SCV Chinese School – Tile
Galpin Motors – Tile
Brent’s Carpet One – Tile
Newhall Land – Tile
Wicall’s Carpet
Beyond Harmony – Tile