Fire leaves three families without a home.
Food left cooking unsupervised was the cause of a fire Tuesday afternoon that destroyed one apartment and affected two others.
The fire happened at 26790 North Claudette Street in Canyon Country, in an apartment complex near Ruether Avenue and Soledad Canyon Road.
No injuries were reported, and the Fire Department knocked down the fire relatively quickly. The fire was reported at 2:46pm and the Los Angeles County Fire Department had defeated the flames by 3:03pm.
The Red Cross was called in to help the displaced families.
This brings to light an issue of safety that could affect any family. The Fire Department warns that when cooking, no one should ever leave the stove and/or oven unattended.