Many families in the Santa Clarita Valley are struggling to make ends meet because of lost jobs, overwhelming medical expenses, and other unforeseen circumstances. When they cannot put food on their own tables and feed their families, they turn to Help the Children.
Food supplies at Help the Children have greatly diminished over the last several months. Many local grocers are partnering with Help the Children for Make a Difference Day to help replenish those supplies that so many in our community rely on.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox
Everyone in the community is invited to participate in this food drive by dropping off non-perishable food donations and personal hygiene items at any of the participating grocery stores listed below from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, October 23. Clean out your cupboards and bring a few items from home or purchase a few extra items while shopping and support these local grocery stores.
Most urgent needs include: dry pasta, pasta sauce, canned meat, canned fruit, canned tomato products, peanut butter, jelly, rice, beans, evaporated milk, flour, sugar, salt, juice boxes, pasta / rice / potato side dishes, canned chili / stew, cereal, oatmeal, crackers, soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, diapers, and baby wipes.
- Albertson’s at Sierra Highway and Soledad Canyon Road; Bouquet Canyon Road and Haskell Canyon Road, on The Old Road in Stevenson Ranch and on Copperhill at Tesoro del Valle.
- Food 4 Less at Soledad Canyon Road and Whites Canyon Road
- Pavillions at McBean Parkway and Magic Mountain Parkway
- Ralph’s on Castaic Road at Lake Hughes Road, on The Old Road in Castaic, Soledad Canyon Road and Whites Canyon Road, McBean Parkway and Decoro Drive, Granary Square and Orchard Village Road and Lyons Avenue.
- Smart and Final at Newhall Ranch Road and Copper Hill Road, and on Lyons Avenue at Peachland Avenue
- Von’s at Soledad Canyon Road and Sand Canyon Road and The Old Road in Stevenson Ranch.
- Whole Foods Market at Valencia Boulevard and McBean Parkway
Help the Children was established in Santa Clarita in 2002 to meet the social welfare needs of the poor, distressed or under privileged by providing food, clothing, and personal hygiene supplies in the most effective way possible. Since opening, over 10,000 local Santa Clarita residents have received food from this food bank.
Help the Children is committed to operating on a 1% budget, spending 99 cents of every dollar received on food and programs helping children and their families locally, nationally, and internationally.
Children’s Network International / Help the Children is a top-rated charity by Independent Charities of America, Chronicle of Philanthropy, Los Angeles Business Journal, and Forbes.com.
For more information about the local, nationwide, international, disaster relief efforts and volunteer opportunities of Help the Children, go to www.helpthechildren.org.
Help the Children is located at 25030 Avenue Tibbitts, Suite L, Valencia, CA 91355 661-702-8852 Fax 661-702-8854 Email contact firstname.lastname@example.org