The top five reasons to seek orthodontic treatment can vary but it’s clear, braces at an early age can prevent a lot of dental problems as an adult.
According to Dr. Gilbert Snow, a leading orthodontist with offices throughout the southland, including Santa Clarita, “Everyday we see beautiful smiles created… Patients themselves won’t smile when they first come in, but after we end the process, they’re showing off their smile. You see a difference in self-esteem and it is an accomplishment in itself.”
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Although it may be tempting to write off or delay getting orthodontic treatment for a variety of reasons, here are some facts that will help straighten out the truth and benefits about getting orthodontic treatment.
- A beautiful smile can make any individual beam with confidence and can be an absolute asset and enhancement to anyone of any age. It can make a huge impact on someone’s self-esteem and improve facial appearance since a smile is known to be the focal point of someone’s face. Braces help significantly in improving one’s smile “by placing a constant gentle force in a carefully controlled direction, braces slowly move teeth to a corrected position,” according to Dr. Gilbert Snow website.
- Orthodontic Treatment can take anywhere from as little as one to three years. It may take as little as six months. Dr. Snow’s elaborates, “Patients grow at different rates and respond variously to orthodontic treatment, so the time until case completion may differ from the original estimate. Interceptive or early treatment procedures, may take as few as six months.” To make an investment in orthodontic treatment would require very little time and is a worthy one for that reason.
- With new innovative technology, orthodontic treatment does not involve wearing clunky, metal braces that are very noticeable. There are more options such as clear bands that are still as effective, but achieve a very subtle effect. “Gone are the days when a metal band with a bracket was placed around each tooth. You can often choose brackets that are clear or metallic and sometimes you can choose the color of the ties that hold the wire in brackets. Wires are also less noticeable than they used to be, and latest materials move teeth faster with less discomfort to patients,” according to Dr. Snow
- There are health reasons for having a correct bite. With crooked teeth there is a greater chance for gum disease to develop because of an increased propensity for plaque to build up in between the misaligned teeth. “Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems,” says Dr. Snow.
- Mouths left untreated can get worse in the long run. Not prioritizing one’s dental hygiene can cost you more altogether. Dr. Snow adds, “Not receiving Orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.”
For more information about Snow Orthodontics, visit their website or contact their office at 661-799-0775.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at email@example.com.
Source: Santa Clarita News