By: Doctor Polucki
The dog days of summer are here, so let’s look at some cool tips for a hot dog. The heat over the next several weeks can really take its toll on your pet’s health if you are not careful. But first, let’s see what your pet does for your health.
According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control)
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Lower Cholesterol
- Lower Triglycerides
- Lessen Depression
- Increase Activity and Exercise
- Increase Social Opportunities
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
We all know pets make us feel better and some recent studies show that pets are more beneficial than medication, http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/38/4/815.full. So when best friend becomes best medicine, it’s only fair to take a few simple steps to insure your pet’s health.
- Pet’s should not stay outside if it’s over 90o F, when it’s cooler than 90o F, they should have access to full shade and plenty of fresh water. Please never leave a pet in the car, the temperature can be 50o F hotter in a car and become deadly within minutes.
- Walk your dog in the early morning or late in the evening. Even in the morning the pavement can be too hot, if you can’t walk on it, neither should your dog. Stay in the shade or use an umbrella if out in the open sun. And keep the walk to a half hour or less, health benefits for you and your pet decrease after that first half hour.
- Dawn dishwashing detergent is an effective non-toxic flea dip and Neem oil sprayed around the yard keeps the little bloodsuckers away.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at email@example.com.
4. Find a Holistic Vet in your area. In the Los Angeles area we are lucky to have Dr. William Farber at the West Los Angeles Animal Hospital, 1900 S. Sepulveda in West Los Angeles, (310) 473-2951.
Dr. Thomas Polucki is a Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic certified in Functional Diagnostic Nutrition and Metabolic Typing. Find more information at www.doctorpolucki.com. Call 661-753-9340 to schedule a free phone consultation. Patients are seen by appointment only at 25050 Peachland Avenue, Suite 105, Newhall, California 91321.
Source: Santa Clarita News