By: Doctor Polucki
The top five tips to turn stress into success may be easier than you think, but first let us look at why you should take your stress levels more seriously.
- More than 70 percent of all visits to the doctor are for stress-related illnesses.
- People who experience chronic stress are 5 times more likely to have a heart attack, stroke or cancer.
- More than 50 percent of all illnesses are caused by stress.
We are made to handle stress in short bursts, but the chronic, daily stress that we all now face, prematurely ages us, hurting every system in our bodies and shortens our life span.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Here are 5 tips to get a handle on stress, avoid unnecessary medical bills, feel better, look younger and live longer.
1. Eat 70% vegetarian. The key here is to avoid human interference as much as possible. Bonus points for raw, organic and local. My favorite super veggies are: Greens, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries and homegrown Sprouts.
2. Drink half your weight (pounds), every day, in ounces of filtered water with a pinch of sea salt in each pint. For example; if you weigh 150 pounds, you must drink at least 75 ounces of water just to flush metabolic wastes from your body.
3. Breathe deeply from the belly and sweat every day for 15 minutes. Shallow chest breathing starves your tissues of oxygen and strains your neck. Deep-belly breathing gives you more energy and helps your immune system circulate through your body. Revving the metabolism up to the sweating point and holding it there for fifteen minutes is a fat loss, sugar burning, detoxifying triple play. The current minimal recommendations are 150 minutes per week of moderate exercise; like a 30 minute brisk walk every day or 75 minutes of intense exercise a week like 25 minutes of resistance (weight training) three times a week or 15 minutes of full-body-high-intensity-interval training five times a week.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Decompress from daily stress. As mental, emotional and physical stresses build up every day, if you don’t find an effective way of releasing that tension in your shoulders, you could be on the fast track for one of the top five killer diseases. Some people swear by Acupuncture, Yoga or Pilates to stay loose. We teach a form of Acupressure massage to couples and an Advanced Foam Roller technique that is remarkably effective. The most important connective tissue to decompress is the central nerve system and for that I recommend a no twist or crack form of chiropractic called Upper Cervical Specific that takes several years of post-graduate training for the doctor to be certified. Ask to see the chiropractor’s certification if they claim to offer this highly specialized service.
5. Learn something new about super charging your health and avoiding disease every week. In just one year you will have fifty new ways to save money, feel better, look younger and live longer. Now if there was only a place where you could get that priceless information for free…
Dr. Thomas Polucki is a Board Certified Doctor of Chiropractic certified in Functional Diagnostic Nutrition and Metabolic Typing. Find more information at www.doctorpolucki.com. Call 661-753-9340 to schedule a free phone consultation. Patients are seen by appointment only at 25050 Peachland Avenue, Suite 105, Newhall, California 91321.
Source: Santa Clarita News