By Michelle Linzy
At Glen Ivy, there are an incredible amount of benefits that athletes will receive from massage therapy. A list of the 10 most important benefits are listed below:
1. Increased flexibility = an advantage over the competition
2. Improves circulation = makes breathing easier and movement smoother
3. Alleviates muscle pain = an injured athlete can’t play to full capacity if sidetracked by pain or is unable to take the field
4. Better sleep patterns = improvement over quality and quantity of sleep will allow the athlete to perform better.
5. Increases relaxation levels = without real relaxation/real downtime the mind becomes overstressed and the body cannot perform to its highest potential.
Click here to sign up for our weekly Health And Beauty newsletter!
6. Reduction of muscle stiffness and improvement of relaxation techniques = reduces heart rate and blood pressure.
7. Pain reduction = reduced pain caused by recovering injuries or tight areas of muscle allow for the proper healing of scar tissue and provides a soothing effect to injured areas.
8. Injury Prevention = muscles stretched through proper full range of motion muscles warmed up and ready to go. Limber muscles and joints prevent injury during physical exertion.
9. Relaxed and focused = decreases stress/increases focus and puts athlete in a good psychological state before event.
10. Post Event Recovery = waste fluids such as lactic acid become dissolved and lead to shorter recovery time.
According to Danny Silva, Spa Director at Glen Ivy, “Our talented state licensed therapists can help you achieve all of these goals. We can customize each massage right down to you choosing one of our 4 blends of aromatherapy oil to use during your session. The Glen Ivy Spa in Valencia also has steam rooms and Jacuzzi’s which will take these benefits to a higher level that other spas in the community don’t offer.”
Glen Ivy is the perfect place for the athlete to obtain their therapeutic massage. Overall, therapeutic massage will allow athletes to maintain or exceed their competitive ranking in their sport or activity.
To view our other Health And Beauty articles, click here!