The holiday are right around the corner and charities throughout Santa Clarita are gearing up to make them magical for everyone.
Toy collections are being organized, food drives are underway, packages are being readied to send to our troops and holiday baskets are under construction.
One of the groups that gathers goods for baskets is the Michael Hoefflin Foundation for Children’s Cancer. Every year, the Foundation provides holiday baskets for the families dealing with pediatric cancer.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox
This year, they are preparing 200 baskets and are asking the community for help in gathering donated items to give to the families.
“We are very excited to have the community be a part of this endeavor,” wrote Anita Seibert, Outreach Program Coordinator for the foundation. “It is because of a generous and active community that we are able to continue our mission. We are deeply grateful for any donations and appreciate your support.”
Below is a list of suggested items that will be placed in each basket. Donations can be brought to the Foundation office at 26470 Ruether Avenue, Unit 101 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. All donations must be received by Tuesday, November 30.
- Hot cocoa mix, 6 ounce box (Swiss Miss or Nestle)
- Microwave popcorn box, containing 3-4 packages (any variety)
- Cracker Jacks, 1 ounce box
- Hershey’s individually-wrapped chocolate candies, 12 ounce package (any variety)
- Almond Roca, 13.3 ounce can
- Fruit flavored snacks, 4-6 packages per box (any variety)
- Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s cookies, 16oz package
- Crackers, snack size bags (Goldfish, Cheez-it or other variety)
- Trail Mix, 2-4 ounce packages (any variety)
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Anita at email@example.com or call the Foundation office at 661-250-4100