On Thursday morning, Santa Clarita Deputies responded to a call of a house fire in the 23600 block of White Oak Court in Newhall.
The owner of the residence had just returned home from dropping her children off at school to find her clothes dryer on fire in an upstairs room. She immediately placed a call to the Santa Clarita Sheriff’s Station who placed her in contact with the Fire Department.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox
Deputies Eagar and Reantaso responded to the scene. Both took fire extinguishers from their vehicles and made their way upstairs to find the second floor covered in thick smoke. Crawling on their hands and knees, they located the dryer and were able to put enough chemical extinguisher on it and the surrounding area to contain the fire until Fire Department personnel arrived to fully extinguish the flames.
Captain Goulet from L.A. Co. Engine Co. #124 commended the deputies for their quick response and credited them with saving the house which he said most likely would have been fully engulfed if not for their actions.