College of the Canyons Trustee Michele Jenkins assumed the presidency of the Santa Clarita Community College District Board after her election by fellow board members Wednesday, during their regular meeting.
Other board officers elected include Vice President Michael Berger, Clerk Joan MacGregor; Trustees Bruce Fortine and Scott Wilk serve as members of the board. Nick Onyshko serves as the Student Trustee and Dr. Dianne Van Hook is Secretary/Parliamentarian.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox
The board also announced its meeting schedule for 2011. All business meetings begin at t 4:30 p.m. with a closed session, which opens to the public at 6 p.m. All meetings are scheduled on Wednesdays unless otherwise indicated.
- January 19 – Business Meeting
- February 9 – Business Meeting
- February 23 – Business Meeting
- March 9 – Business Meeting
- March 23 – Joint Meeting with Associated Student Government (ASG)
- April 13 – Business Meeting
- April 27 – Potential Joint Meeting *
- May 11 – Business Meeting
- May 25 –Joint Meeting with COC Foundation Board of Directors
- June 8 – Business Meeting
- June 22 – Business Meeting and Tentative Budget Workshop
- July 13 – Business Meeting
- August 10 – Business Meeting
- August 24 – Business Meeting and Adopted Budget Workshop
- September 14 –Business Meeting
- September 27 – Potential Joint Meeting * (Tuesday)
- October 12 – Business Meeting
- October 26 – Joint Meeting with Associated Student Government (ASG)
- November 9 – Business Meeting
- December 7 – Organizational and Business Meeting
* During the year, the Board of Trustees will attempt to schedule Joint Meetings with the Associated Student Government, the Governing Board of the Wm. S. Hart Union High School District, Santa Clarita City Council, and the COC Foundation Board of Directors. These dates have been set aside so we can calendar Joint meetings based on the availability of each of these organizations. As we get closer to each date and solidify plans, the schedule will be updated.