The nominees for this year’s Man and Woman of the Year were announced Thursday night at a kick off “Paparazzi” party in a private residence.
The annual event serves to recognize volunteers singled out by various nonprofit organizations for their contributions to the community.
A committee of past winners will now take up the task of choosing one man and one woman to be awarded the top honor at a gala dinner, which will take place May 7 at the Valencia Hyatt.
The distinguished nominees and the organizations that nominated them are:
- Becki Basham: Friends of Hart Park
- Mary Ann Colf: Santa Clarita Valley Rotary Club:
- Myrna Condie: College of the Canyons Foundation
- Cheryl Gray: Zonta Club of Santa Clarita
- Linda Hafizi: SCV Senior Center
- Shelly Hann: HMNMH Health Foundation and Betty Ferguson Foundation
- Janice Hoskinson: Child & Family Center Foundation
- Janine Jones: Betty Ferguson Foundation
- Renee Kaehny: The SCV Youth Project
- Gloria Mercado-Fortine: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Anna Ott: Boys and Girls Club of Santa Clarita Valley
- Nancy Pitchford-Zhe: Heads Up
- Colleen Shaffer: Circle of Hope
- Candy Spahr: American Cancer Society
- Stephanie Weiss: ACTION Parent and Teen Support
- Betty Lou Wiseman: Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
- Dora Zavala: Soroptimists International of Greater SCV
- Roger Basham: Friends of Hart Park
- Wayne Crawford: Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital
- Tom Dierckman: SCV Boys and Girls Club
- Phil Ellis: Santa Clarita Valley Family YMCA
- Richard A. Patterson: SCV Facilities Foundation
- Mike Stiles: Gentle Barn
- Steve Sturgeon: Child and Family Center Foundation and Rotary Club of SCV
- Ken Wiseman: Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station
To see pictures of the nominees and a full bio of each click here.