Saugus, Valencia, and Val Verde communities alter traffic patterns
To reduce congestion in the valley, the City of Santa Clarita has altered traffic regulations including speed limits, pedestrian crossings, and U-turns in the Saugus, Valencia, and Val Verde communities.
On Tuesday, supervisor Michael D. Antonovich announced that in order to create a safer community, the Board of Supervisors has instituted the following traffic patterns:
- A 45-mph speed limit on Tesoro Del Valle Dr. and Avenida Rancho Tesoro in Saugus.
- A 50-mph speed limit on Valencia Boulevard in Westridge.
- A 45-mph speed limit on Rancho Tesoro Drive in Valencia.
- No pedestrians crossing order on Commerce Center Drive at the north line of Harrison Parkway and at the north line of Hancock Parkway in Val Verde.
- “No stopping anytime” order on both sides of Hancock Parkway in Val Verde.
- “No U-turns” order for eastbound and westbound traffic on Hancock Parkway at Commerce Center Drive, unincorporated community of Val Verde.