Santa Clarita residents only have a couple days to finish getting ready for the school year. The Newhall School District’s school year begins on Tuesday for McGrath Elementary School and Wednesday for the rest of the district. The Saugus, Sulper Springs, and Castaic School Districts begin on Thursday.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to you inbox.
Here is a list of back-to-school ideas to make the transition easier:
- Take inventory of last year’s supplies to see what is left over and can be reused.
- Make sure to buy lots of extras before school starts and take advantage of back to school sales.
- About two weeks before school starts: begin going to bed and getting up on a school schedule
- If you have medical concerns, make sure to meet with the school nurse prior to the first day, especially if medicine must be given at school.
- Remember school dress codes when buying clothing.
- Create a homework center stocked with extra crayons and supplies needed to complete homework. Make sure it’s not near a T.V.
- Get a couple of rolls of quarters and dimes; put them in a cabinet so you do not have to hunt for change at the last minute.
- Label all items that will be taken to school or worn and taken off at school
- Make a special box for your children to place forms from school which need special attention.
- Pack lunches and backpacks the night before and lay out clothes for the next day