For residents of the Antelope Valley, Santa Clarita Valley and surrounding communities, the desert has bloomed with a spectacular new community hospital: Palmdale Regional Medical Center.
With expanded medical specialties and diagnostics, frontline cardiac care, minimally invasive weight-loss surgery, transfusion-free medicine and surgery, wound care and hyperbaric medicine, and so much more – Palmdale Regional Medical Center is committed to being the kind of good neighbor you can rely on for many years to come.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox
This technologically-advanced hospital opened its doors on Saturday, December 11, 2010, ready to provide a warm and caring environment to the community.
From the moment you enter the spacious medical campus, you’ll recognize elements designed to enhance the patient experience. Magnificent views stretch out from the facility’s hillside entrance, giving way to the beautiful landscape of the open desert. Palmdale Regional is pioneering new approaches in patient comfort, convenience and safety.
Until now, Palmdale was the largest city in California without a hospital. So in 2001, Universal Health Services, Inc. stepped in and, with support from the city of Palmdale, a vision was set in motion to build a 239-bed, single-occupancy room hospital. Palmdale Regional Medical Center (PRMC) provides many vital medical services, including:
- Advanced Cardiac Care and Certified STEMI Receiving Center
- Joint and Spine Surgical Center
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery
- Minimally-invasive Weight-loss Surgery
- Transfusion-Free Medicine and Surgery
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine (off campus)
- Rehabilitation and Orthopedic Institute (off campus)
PRMC’s Commitment and Guiding Principles
Embrace technology and innovation in design, materials and equipment
- Create a supportive family-friendly atmosphere
- Design for enhanced operational efficiency and future flexibility
- Provide staff friendliness and enhanced customer service
- Create a warm environment
- Incorporate environmentally-friendly materials, Energy Star products and natural features, wherever possible.
PRMC’s Service Excellence Standards
- Treat Others as Guests
- Demonstrate Professionalism and Excellence
- Practice Teamwork
Because the hospital is committed to wellness, Palmdale Regional Medical Center is a tobacco-free facility. This includes all indoor and outside areas including surrounding properties and the interior of vehicles parked on hospital property.
The skilled and professional technical and support staff, physicians and nurses at Palmdale Regional Medical Center are dedicated to providing exceptional medical care to our community. Need a doctor? Call Palmdale Regional’s free Physician Referral Service, Direct Doctors Plus, at (800) 851-9780.
Palmdale Regional Medical Center is located at 38600 Medical Center Drive, Palmdale, CA 93551