Finishing touches to be added in July
The City of Santa Clarita released the following statement regarding the Magic Mountain Parkway / I-5 Interchange :
After three years in construction beginning in June 2006, the Interchange Improvements, Phase 2, will be final in July 2009. Over these past three years, the lead agency, the City of Santa Clarita, in partnership with Caltrans and Los Angeles County Department of Public Works, has completed the following work:
* Realignment and widening of The Old Road, approximately 4,000 linear feet.
* Widening of Magic Mountain Parkway between The Old Road and Tourney Road.
* Widening of all four ramps at Magic Mountain Parkway and Interstate 5.
* Completed new utility facilities for communication, water, and sewer; rehabilitated the existing sewer line; and relocation various utility lines by affected utility companies.
* Completed underground stormdrain concrete culvert and constructed a new outlet structure on The Old Road.
* Installation of new underground drainage facilities on The Old Road and Magic Mountain Parkway.
* Installation of new signal, lighting, and electrical system on The Old Road and Magic Mountain Parkway.
This major interchange improvement project will greatly improve mobility, enhance safety, help to alleviate congestion, and dramatically increase capacity of the interchange and local roadways. In addition, as part of the Green Friendly City, the City mandated that the Contractor use recycle materials, i.e., asphalt concrete, cement concrete, and fly ash as part of the construction of roadways and retaining walls.
We appreciate all the patience and support of the community during this project.
Activities to be Completed During July 2009
Magic Mountain Parkway Widening: The construction of Magic Mountain Parkway widening is over 90 percent complete. The roadway will be fully capped followed by final striping and marking sometime mid-July.
The Old Road Realignment: The construction of The Old Road is complete. All businesses in the surrounding area will remain open during these construction activities.
Northbound Off-Ramp: The ramp is reopened with two left-turn lanes to the Theme Parks.
Please check the City of Santa Clarita’s website at www.santa-clarita.com or the project hotline (661) 290-2297 for any extended major lane closures, detours, or additional news associated with this project.
PLEASE SLOW FOR THE CONE ZONE