Most campsites are booked for the Fourth of July, but it isn’t too late to find a spot. More than 70 campgrounds have yet to fill up for the holiday weekend.
Camp-California.com has identified parks across the state where you might be able to squeeze in before all the spots are gone.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox
For the most up to date listing, please visit www.Camp-California.com. However, you may also want to call parks of interest directly for reservation inquiries. Parks with vacancy as of Friday include:
- Flying Flags RV Resort, Buellton: Onsite activities include a Friday night BBQ, movies under the stars all weekend, and a make your own ice cream sundae event on Saturday night.
- Monterey Vacation Park, Aromas
- Santa Cruz Ranch RV Resort and Campground, Scotts Valley
- Santa Cruz Redwoods RV Resort, Felton: Onsite activities include a Saturday morning breakfast with all you can eat pancakes for $2 and pancakes, sausage and eggs for $4 per plate. A Sunday afternoon cookout is also being planned with hot dogs, hamburgers and potato salad for $5 per plate.
- Bakersfield Palms RV Resort, Bakersfield
- Bakersfield River Run RV Park, Bakersfield
- Kit Fox RV Park, Patterson
- Ko-Ket Resort, Isleton
- Merced River RV Park, Delhi
- Midway RV Park, Vacaville
- The Parkway RV Resort, Orland
- Vineyard RV Park, Vacaville
- Barstow / Calico KOA, Yermo
- Black Meadow Landing, Parker Dam
- Desert Springs RV Park, Desert Hot Springs
- Desert View RV Resort, Needles
- Emerald Desert Golf and RV Resort, Palm Desert: Onsite activities include a Friday welcome reception with Red Strawberry Margaritas, White Pina Coladas, Blue Hawaiians, beer, and hor d’oeuvres; poolside music Saturday afternoon and dinner and a fire show at 6 pm. Sunday’s activities include poolside food and beverage services and live poolside music. Massage specials are also available.
- Sam’s Family Spa Hot Water Resort, Desert Hot Springs
- Shadow Hills RV Resort, Indio
- Springs at Borrego RV Resort, Borrego Springs: This park is offering a free July 4th weekend cookout with hot dogs, hamburgers and potato salad at 6 p.m. Sunday, July 3rd.
- Tecopa Hot Springs Campground and Pools, Tecopa
- Victorville Shady Oasis, Victorville: Onsite activities include Bingo and movies for the kids.
- 49er RV Ranch, Columbia: This park is close to activities in the town of Columbia, which include a parade, music, a nail pounding contest, a watermelon eating contest, a pie eating contest, a greased pole climb, an egg relay race, a bucket brigade, a cake walk and a 5-way tug of war.
- Angels Camp RV and Camping Resort, Angels Camp: Guests at this park will likely travel to Columbia for weekend festivities.
- Auburn Gold Country RV Park, Auburn
- Coloma Resort, Coloma: Onsite activities at this park on Saturday include a scavenger hunt, wine tasting, face painting, an ice cream social and a magic show. Sunday activities include gold panning, a dog show and root beer floats. Monday activities include a build your own sundae event. Fireworks will take place at the Placerville Fairgrounds.
- Far Horizons 49er Village RV Resort, Plymouth. Onsite activities include a parade, an RV site/rig decorating contest with $100 for 1st place; and an ice cream social and BBQ.
- High Sierra RV & Mobile Park, Oakhurst
- Lake Francis Resort, Dobbins
- Sierra Skies RV Park, Sierra City
- Sugar Pine RV Park, Twain Harte
- Yosemite Pines RV Resort, Groveland
- Cisco Grove Campground & RV Park, Cisco Grove
- Clio’s Rivers Edge RV Park, Clio: Onsite activities include a 4th of July parade for campground guests with a group picture and ice cream for everyone at the end of the parade.
- Coachland RV Park, Truckee
- Forest Park RV Spaces, Canyon Dam
- Frandy Park, Kernville
- United Trails RV Park, Truckee
- Willow Creek Campground and RV Park, Camptonville
- Wishon Village, Lake Wishon/Shaver Lake area: Onsite activities include a campsite decorating contest on Sunday and a 4th of July parade and decorating contest on Monday.
- Golden Village Palms RV Resort, Hemet
- Reflection Lake RV Park, San Jacinto
- Terrace Village RV Park, Grand Terrace
Los Angeles Area
- Camp Williams Resort, Azusa
- Castaic Lake RV Park, Castaic
- Pyramid Lake RV Resort, Gorman
- Dutcher Creek RV Park and Campground, Cloverdale
- Edgewater Resort and RV Park, Kelseyville
- Kamp Klamath RV Park and Campground, Klamath. Onsite activities include a Sunday BBQ with hot dogs and hamburgers, a horseshoe tournament and other games with prizes to the winners. Monday’s activities include a chicken and salmon BBQ with a bonfire, live music and fireworks.
- Klamath River RV Park, Klamath
- Maribel Trailer Park and Campground, Forestville
- Riverwalk RV Park and Campground, Fortuna
- Sportsman’s RV Park, Fort Bragg
- The Redwoods RV Resort, Crescent City
- Anaheim Resort RV Park, Anaheim: Onsite activities include a complete BBQ with Tri-Tip, chicken, baked beans and green salad.
Shasta Cascade Area
- Eagle Lake RV Park, Susanville: Onsite events include a giant raffle, a kids raffle, a BBQ and horseshoe tournament.
- Fawndale Oaks RV Park, Redding
- Green Acres RV Park, Redding
- Hat Creek Resort & RV Park, Old Station. Onsite activities include a Friday night rib BBQ and outdoor movies on Saturday and Sunday with free popcorn.
- Lassen Pines RV Resort, McArthur: World famous square dance caller, Larry Ward, currently from Reno, Nev., will be holding square dancing workshops and dances at the Veterans Hall in neighboring Bieber, Calif. The group will be camping at Lassen Pines RV Resort on Old Hwy Rd, 7 miles east of McArthur and 10 miles west of Bieber. Meet on Friday evening, July 1st, for dancing on July 2nd & 3rd. Contact Barbara at Lassen Pines RV Resort for registration and information.
- Mariner’s Resort, Susanville
- McCloud Dance Country RV Resort, McCloud
- Mountain Gate RV Park, Redding
- Old Lewiston Bridge RV Resort, Lewiston
San Diego Area
- Butterfield Ranch Resort, Julian
- La Pacifica RV Resort, San Diego
- Paradise by the Sea, Oceanside
- Rancho Los Coches RV Park, Lakeside
- Sacred Rocks Reserve, Boulevard
- Vacationer RV Resort, El Cajon
- Alameda County Fairgrounds, Pleasanton: Onsite events include the Alameda County Fair.
- Tall Trees Mobile Home & RV Park, Vallejo
- Wine Country RV Park, Sonoma
For additional commentary, statistics and sources on the latest camping trends in California campgrounds and RV resorts or for leads on parks in your news coverage area, please contact Verna Wiseman at California Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds at (916) 601-1161 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.