Looking to empower women with successful business tools and tips, the Power Woman Business Center hosted a “Dress for Success” seminar on Saturday, December 8, in partnership with the Women’s Business Center and Hairitage Studio.
The event featured the following community leaders from Southern California Edison, the Santa Clarita Valley and Antelope Valley Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Power Media Group and “Our Valleys” magazine:
- Patricia Gracia, PWBC Co-Founder – First Impression Impact
- Marsel Watts, Women’s Business Center Director – Business Start-Ups & Licensing
- Patsy Ayala, “Our Valleys” Magazine Owner – Interview Do’s and Don’ts
- Erika Artieda, Hairitage Studio Owner – Into the World of Business Fashion & Gala
- Rocio Montagner, AV Hispanic Chamber of Commerce President – The Proper Elevator Pitch
- Anna Frutos Sanchez, SCE Regional Manager – Taking Advantage of Professional Resources
- Ron Garcia, SCE Regional Public Affairs Manager – Survival Tips in Dining Etiquette
- Bill Miranda, SCV Hispanic Chamber of Commerce CEO – Motivation & his book, “Profiles in Latino Courage”
- Tony Gracia, Power Media Group CEO and CFO – Innovative Tips on Booking a Client or Interview
“It was great to see a live demonstration on the way to conduct yourself during a business meal—I definitely know more of what not to do,” an attendee said.
Part of the program included a fashion show (courtesy of Hairitage Studio) featuring models wearing formal business and gala attire.
The guests were also treated to cupcakes from Kokolita Cakes, hearty croissant sandwiches and coffee from California Bakery & Cafe and wine from Reyes Winery. It was all part of the combined efforts of PWBC, Women’s Business Center and Hairitage Studio in providing a motivating and empowering experience to the community.
If you missed this event, stay tuned. Power Woman Business Center is planning another “Dress for Success” event for January 24, 2013. For more information, visit their website, here.