Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is the recipient of three 2007 HealthGrades Excellence AwardsTM for Stroke Care, Pulmonary Care and Gastrointestinal Care. Earlier this year, Providence Holy Cross received the 2006/2007 HealthGrades Specialty Excellence Award for Women’s Health.
HealthGrades, the nation’s leading health care ratings company, also ranked Providence Holy Cross as the best hospital in California for overall pulmonary services. This acknowledgment follows the medical center’s recognition in 2003 as one of the Top 50 in the country for its excellent care with treating respiratory disorders, according to U.S. News & World Report magazine’s prestigious "America’s Best Hospitals" rankings.
HealthGrades has also provided some of its highest ratings to Providence Holy Cross in cardiac services, critical care services and general surgery care.
"These awards are a great testament to the expert care and compassion that our physicians, our nurses and all of our staff provide to our patients," said Kerry Carmody, Administrator of Providence Holy Cross Medical Center. "It’s been a pleasure to work with a great health care team here, and I’m glad our team is receiving such great recognition."
Each year HealthGrades conducts the most comprehensive study of hospital quality in America, producing a rating for the nation’s 5,000-plus nonfederal hospitals in 28 diagnoses and procedures. HealthGrades’ Excellence AwardsTM are provided to hospitals that rank in the top 10 percent of all hospitals for that specific line of care.
HealthGrades also has recognized Providence Holy Cross for:
* Being ranked among the top 10 percent in the Nation for the Treatment of Stroke three years in a row (2005-2007)
* Being ranked among the top 5 percent nationally for Overall Pulmonary Services two years in a row (2006-2007)
* Best Rated in the San Fernando Valley Services Area for treatment of Community Acquired Pneumonia two years in a row (2006-2007)
* Ranked among the top 10 percent in the nation for Overall GI Services
* Ranked among the top 5 percent in the nation for Women’s Health Services three years in a row (2005-2007)
In addition, HealthGrades recognized Providence Holy Cross for achieving 5 Star rankings in the following:
* Coronary Interventional Procedures, 2006-2007
* Heat Failure, 2004-2007
* Treatment of Stroke, 2005-2007
* Overall Pulmonary Services, 2004-2007
* Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, 2005-2007
* Treatment of Community Acquired Pneumonia, 2004-2007
* Pancreatitis, 2007
* GI Surgery and Procedures, 2007
* Treatment of Bowel Obstruction, 2006-2007
* Women’s Health Services, 2005-2007
* Treatment of Sepsis, 2005-2007
About Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
As a 255-bed, not-for-profit facility, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills offers a full continuum of health services, from outpatient to inpatient to home health care.
HealthGrades (Nasdaq:HGRD) is the leading health care ratings company, providing ratings and profiles of hospitals, nursing homes and physicians to consumers, corporations, health plans and hospitals. Millions of consumers and hundreds of the nation’s largest employers, health plans and hospitals rely on HealthGrades’ independent ratings to make health care decisions based on the quality of care. More information on the company can be found at http://www.healthgrades.com