It was a busy month for the Dodgers, and the team made a lot of moves, but it seems as if the Dodgers are unsure about what to do in the bullpen.
Many of thetransactions made in July had a lot to do with pitching. Although the Dodgers suffered a couple of injuries, they welcomed the return of veteran catcher Brad Ausmus. Here is this month’s complete list of transactions.
- RHP Carlos Monasterios was activated off of the 15-day disabled list after suffering from a blister on this throwing hand.
- C Brad Ausmus was activated off of the 60-Day disabled list after a herniated disc required surgery to repair. Ausmus plans to retire after the 2010 season.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
- Rookie free agent LHP Adam Dedeaux signed with the Dodgers and was assigned to the Arizona League Dodgers.
- Dodgers sign C Frank De Jesus, 2010 draft pick.
- Veteran free agent OF Trent Oeltjen signed with Dodgers, then assigned to Triple-A Albuquerque Isotopes.
- 2010 draft pick Matt Kirkland, a third baseman out of high school, signed with the Dodgers.
- Free agent RHP Ralston Cash signed with Los Angeles Dodgers.
- OF Scott Podsednik traded from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for C Lucas May and RHP Elisaul Pimentel.
- RHP Travis Schlichting recalled from Albuquerque Isotopes.
- OF Xavier Paul recalled from the Triple-A Albuquerque Isotopes, for the third time this year.
- RHP James McDonald recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque Isotopes.
- LHP Jack Taschner called up from Albuquerque Isotopes.
- RHP Kenley Jansen called up from Chattanooga Lookouts.
- RHP Ramon Troncoso optioned to Albuquerque Isotopes.
- 3B Matthew Kirkland assigned to Arizona League Dodgers.
- RHP John Ely optioned to Albuquerque Isotopes.
- RHP Jon Link to Albuquerque Isotopes.
- C A.J Ellis optioned to Albuquerque Isotopes.
- RHP Justin Miller outrighted to the Albuquerque Isotopes.
- A sore lower back landed LF Reed Johnson on the 15-day disabled list.
- Manny Ramirez was placed on 15-day disabled list. Manager Joe Torre described the injury as a “significant calf strain.”
- RHP Ronald Belisario was placed on the restricted list. He requested time away from the team for personal reasons.