Congressman Howard P. “Buck” McKeon has announced that his office is now accepting submissions for the 2013 Congressional Art Competition, an annual event promoting local creativity and sponsored by KHTS AM-1220.
High school students (grades 9-12) who are residents of the California 25th District are encouraged to enter and share their art with the local community.“I’ve been amazed by the remarkable talent that I have seen from our local students over the years for this competition,” said Congressman McKeon. “The winning submission is put on display in our Capitol tunnel for all to see when they come to visit and I always enjoy seeing the artwork displayed as I walk to the Capitol. I am looking forward to seeing this year’s entries.”
Local sponsors for the display and judging of the artwork include KHTS AM 1220 and FASTFRAME, located at 24204 Valencia Blvd.
Participants and their families as well as teachers are encouraged to attend.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
All submissions will be displayed in a local exhibit to be judged on Thursday, May 9.
The winner of the CA 25th District competition will then have their work displayed in the United States Capitol in June, along with winners from Congressional Districts across the nation.
General Guidelines for the 2013 Artwork:
- Artwork must be two-dimensional
- Each piece can be no larger than 28”x28”x4” – including the frame
- Artwork cannot weigh more than 15 lbs.
- Work entered must be in the original
- All work submitted must be framed or have reinforced backing and be ready to hang on the exhibition wall.
Acceptable media for submissions:
- Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor etc.
- Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
- Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
- Mixed Media: use of more than two media such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer generated art
Submissions can be mailed to McKeon’s Santa Clarita District Office at 26650 The Old Road, Suite 203 and must be in by May 6. Call 661-254-2111 for further information or visit McKeon’s website, here.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, Or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org