The Governing Board of the William S. Hart Union School District received $1,000,000 from the Santa Clarita Valley Facilities Foundation for the construction of shade structures.
The Santa Clarita Valley Facilities Foundation presented a check in the amount of $1,000,000 to the Governing Board of the William S. Hart Union High School District at their regular meeting on May 7, 2014 for the purpose of constructing shade structures at 10 Hart District schools, according to a press release from the SCV Facilities Foundation.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Construction is scheduled to be completed prior to the start of the 2014-15 school year. Also, an additional four parcels of land totaling 103 acres of real property were donated and transferred to the Hart District, according to the release.
Richard A. Patterson, president of the Santa Clarita Valley Facilities Foundation and senior partner with Owen, Patterson & Owen, a Santa Clarita-based personal injury law firm, announced the successful completion of their endeavor.
- Development of a 60-acre construction-ready site for Golden Valley High School.
- Partnership with the City of Santa Clarita to move 10,000,000 cubic yards of dirt to construct Golden Valley Road.
- Partnership with the Hart District, Boys & Girls Club and the City of Santa Clarita to develop a multi-purpose gymnasium at Sierra Vista Junior High.
- Partnership with the City of Santa Clarita to develop the City’s Aquatic Center under a joint use agreement for all of the District swim programs.
- Construction of the city trails system between Centre Pointe Parkway and Golden Valley High School continuing on to Sierra Highway.
- Funding provided for acoustical system for West Ranch High School’s auditorium.
- Donation of an additional four parcels of land, totaling 342.5 acres to the District for future school sites in Canyon Country near College of the Canyons.
- Cash donation of $100,000 to the Hart District’s WiSH Education Foundation.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at email@example.com.
Source: Santa Clarita News