When many think of flower bulbs, the first thing that comes to mind is a tulip. There are many different varieties of bulbs beyond the tulip with characteristics any gardener would like. Here are the top ten things to know about flower bulbs.
- Bulbs are very easy to plant and care for and are highly recommended for a beginner gardener.
- To plant a bulb, dig a two inch hole with bone meal, cover and keep moist.
- Once planted, they only need to be kept moist, but be careful not to drown them.
- Bulbs can be planted anywhere in your yard.
- They add color and stability to your garden.
- Bulbs come back year after year and multiply.
- The best time to plant is October through November.
- Tulips along with Daffodils, Gladiolas, Hyacinth and Color Lilies flourish in Santa Clarita Valley.
- Bulbs are tough against harsh weather.
- There are two types of bulbs, spring blooming and summer blooming.
Sunset Landscaping is a nursery that provides different trees, flowers and herbs to suit all your gardening needs. If you happen to not find what you are looking for here, they will special order whatever you may need and it will be delivered within the same week. The nursery also carries basic gardening tools to help get your garden started.
For all your gardening needs, visit Sunset Landscaping at 23256 Lyons Ave Newhall, CA 91321 or call (661) 255-8777.
Check out more articles in our SCV “Your Home Inside And Out” section.