Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
The show pits three teams of three strangers each against each other in a race against time and the elements for a hidden briefcase of $100,000 in cash. Dropped off in remote places such as the Fiji Islands, New Mexico desert, New Zealand Alps and Southern Rockies, the contestants have only one bottle of water and one GPS per team.
Lindsay Schimmer, 27, a member of the Green Team during the premiere episode, is a medical aesthetician. Though Schimmer is currently a resident of Moorpark, she considers Santa Clarita her hometown.
According to Schimmer, she is a “silent threat,” who grew up backpacking and fishing and came to “72 Hours” to prove to herself that she could survive. She said that she ended up walking away with amazing friends.
Emily Bush, a 24-year-old waitress from Valencia and who currently lives in Los Angeles, will be participating in the “Lost Coast of New Zealand” episode set to air June 13.
About the premiere episode
When three teams composed of three strangers are dropped into the icy blue waters of the Yasawa Islands, their survival skills are put to the test as they encounter scorching temperatures and rough waters while attempting to locate a briefcase full of cash in just 72 hours. All they have to accompany them in their quest for $100,000 are their teammates, the clothes on their backs, a GPS and one bottle of water. Brandon Johnson hosts.
- Dayna, 24, receptionist, Savannah, Ga.
- Christian, 33, pro tennis coach, Ajax, Ontario
- Alex, 24, full-time single mom, Flatonia, Texas
- Shelise, 21, college student, Tremonton, Utah
- Garfield, 44, tech CEO, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Corey, 23, personal trainer, Livingston, Texas
- Michelle, 35, restaurant manager, Bayside, N.Y.
- Lindsay, 27, medical aesthetician, Moorpark, Calif.
- Chris, 31, dance instructor, Clinton, N.C.
About the “Lost Coast of New Zealand” episode
Dropped in a 90km stretch of untamed coastline in New Zealand, three teams composed of three strangers must navigate through thick forests, limestone cliffs and massive sand dunes in order to locate a briefcase full of cash in just 72 hours. All they have to accompany them in their quest for $100,000 are their teammates, the clothes on their backs, a GPS and one bottle of water. Brandon Johnson hosts.
- Marie, 24, heavy equipment operator, Fairbanks, Ark.
- Eric, 34, software engineer, Harleysville, Penn.
- Michael, 27, sports marketing, Naples, Fla.
- Melody, 29, hairstylist, Cohutta, Ga.
- Barry, 50, firefighter captain, Ramona, Calif.
- Meg, 30, auto body manager, Maynard, Mass.
- Emily, 24, waitress, Valencia, Calif.
- Bobby, 34, police officer, Melrose Park, Ill.
- Jennifer, 30, genetic testing sales, Van Buren, Mo.
About “72 Hours”
“72 Hours” comes to TNT from Lighthearted Entertainment (Extreme Makeover), with Howard Schultz (The Moment of Truth), Rob LaPlante (The Apprentice) and Brady Connell (Extreme Makeover: Home Edition) serving as executive producers. Jeff Spangler serves as co-executive producer.
To learn more about “72 Hours,” visit their Facebook page.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at email@example.com.
Source: Santa Clarita News