Multiple construction projects will result in lane and ramp closures on the I-5 and SR-170 freeways in the coming months.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Sunday, Feb. 2 – Friday, Feb. 7
– 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Up to two lanes on the Northbound I-5 between SR-118 and SR-170 will be closed. The most restrictive closures (i.e., the most lanes closed) will occur between midnight and 4 a.m.
– 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Southbound I-5 between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street will be closed intermittently at night (through February), A signed detour will direct motorists.
– 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Up to four lanes on the Southbound I-5 between SR-118 and SR-170 may be closed. The most restrictive closures (i.e., the most lanes closed) will occur between midnight and 4 a.m.
– 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Eastbound Terra Bella Street on-ramp
– 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Up to two lanes closed on Northbound and Southbound SR-170 between Roscoe Boulevard and I-5. The most restrictive closures (i.e., the most lanes closed) will occur between midnight and 4 a.m.
Now through early February
– 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. The median barrier on I-5 between Van Nuys Boulevard and SR-118 will be demolished. The two lanes closest to the median in both directions will be closed when this work is underway.
– Northbound I-5 to Westbound Terra Bella Street off-ramp.
Now through April
– 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. Southbound I-5 between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street will be closed intermittently at night. Traffic will be detoured onto Southbound SR-170. Motorists will exit Roscoe Boulevard, continue Westbound on Roscoe to Sheldon Street, Northbound on Sheldon Street to Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Southbound on Laurel Canyon Boulevard, and re-enter Southbound I-5 at Laurel Canyon Boulevard.
– Branford Street to southbound I-5 on-ramp closed.
Many of these closures are due to plans to construct High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV or carpool) lanes and a direct HOV lane connector at the I-5/SR-170 interchange.
Ramp closures will be nonconsecutive. Detours will be signed. Closures are subject to change.
Residents may hear some construction noise, but it will not exceed levels permitted by state and federal regulations.
For the safety of the construction crew and motorists are asked to be attentive to closures, slow for the cone zone, and move over one lane where possible.
Closure information for this and other freeway projects is available on the Caltrans website: http://www.lcswebreports.dot.ca.gov/lcswebreports/
For real-time traffic information, visit quickmap.dot.ca.gov, go511.com, or call 5-1-1.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information: Traffic
Source: Santa Clarita News