Several road closures are being enforced in the Santa Clarita Valley due to mud slides and traffic conditions resulting from the winter storm that hit the area early on Friday morning.
The winter storm that started early Friday morning is expected to be one of the heaviest Southern California has seen in recent years, and the Los Angeles County Operational Area Emergency Operations Center was activated at 6 p.m. Friday morning.
Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.
Several road closures and evacuations due to mudslides and traffic conditions have been announced for communities across the county, including Glendora and Monrovia.
The evacuations will not affect the Santa Clarita Valley, but several local road closures have been announced.
Santa Clarita Valley Road Closures
- Elizabeth Lake Road – Lake Hughes Road to Munz Ranch Road
- Lake Hughes Road – Dry Gulch Road to Elizabeth Lake Road
- Bouquet Canyon Road – 1.9 Miles North Of Vasquez Canyon Road to 0.6 Miles South Of Big Oaks Lodge
- Angeles Forest Highway – Angeles Crest Highway to Aliso Canyon Road
- Little Tujunga Canyon Road – Mile Marker 8.51 to Placerita Canyon Road
- Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd – Angeles Crest Highway to Angeles Forest Highway
- Mt Wilson Red Box Road – Video Road to Angeles Crest Highway
- Big Tujunga Cyn Rd- Angeles Forest Highway to Los Angeles City Boundary
Evacuation centers for residents of Glendora, Azusa and Monrovia are available.
The Crowther Teen and Family Center on Dawson Avenue in Glendora is open to Glendora and Azusa residents.
The Monrovia Community Center on Palm Avenue is open to Monrovia residents.
County residents and businesses, including persons with disabilities and others with access and functional needs, may call 211 for emergency preparedness information and other referral services. The toll-free 211 number is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. L.A. County services can also be accessed here. To register for the Specific Needs Awareness Planning program, click here.
Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Santa Clarita News