Santa Clarita Valley Family YMCA
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Santa Clarita Valley Family YMCA puts Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Summary of Critical Issues
The following criteria issues will be the focus of the Shaping the Generations
Strategic Plan upon which all YMCA programs are based:
- Unhealthy Lifestyles: Americans – adults of all ages and their children — have never been as unhealthy as they are now. And it’s getting worse.
- After School Hours: The hours of 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm are the most dangerous for children.
- Developmental Assets: Children have less than half of the developmental assets that they need in order to grow into healthy and productive adults.
- Families Under Stress: Families are increasingly pressed for time and stressed; have difficulty giving children enough attention to promote the healthy development of their children.
- Leadership Development: Healthy communities depend on citizen leadership, yet few are prepared for even effective membership in decision-making groups, let alone the roles of leadership.
MAJOR PROGRAM THRUSTS
• Child Care
Licensed Before & After School Care, Day Camp, Year-Round Programs, School Months Only programs, teen mentoring, enrichment programs at schools, service learning experiences and community collaboration.
• Healthy Lifestyles, Membership and Aquatic Programs
Healthy Lifestyle programs for all ages, Coach Approach, Total health programs, home school programs, youth classes and activities, volunteering, aquatics activities for youth, families and older active adults, movement education for the very youth, social clubs, and healthy lifestyle partnerships
• Parent-Child Programs
YMCA Papoose, Guides and Princesses, Trailblazers and family camps, school-based Family Nations, baby and me programs, Family Fun Nights and adult leadership and volunteer programs
• Camping Programs
Resident camp, caravans, weekend camps, family and school camps, CIT and Counselor leadership programs
Monday – Thursday: 5:30am – 9:30pm
Friday: 5:30am – 8pm
Saturday: 7am – 5pm
Sunday: 8am – 5pm
(Pool closes 30 minutes before facility closure)
Labor Day: 5:30 am – 3 pm
Thanksgiving: 5:30 am – 3 pm
Christmas Eve: 5:30 am – 3 pm
New Year’s Eve: 5:30 am – 3 pm