Today
It is forecast to be Partly Cloudy at 11:00 PM PDT on October 25, 2014
Partly Cloudy
79°/52°
Home » Sports » NCAA Eligibility Meeting For Students, Parents Hosted By Hart District
NCAA Eligibility Meeting For Students, Parents Hosted By Hart District

NCAA Eligibility Meeting For Students, Parents Hosted By Hart District

Parents with high school students interested in playing college sports, can come to a free “NCAA Eligibility Night,” hosted by the William S. Hart Union High School District at Golden Valley High School on Thursday at 6:30 p.m.


Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking Santa Clarita news alerts delivered right to your inbox.


David LeBarron, Hart District director of curriculum and assessment, will speak with student athletes and parents about eligibility requirements for students who wish to participate in the National Collegiate Athletic Association at the Division I, II or III level after completing high school.

The NCAA accounts for about 80 percent of all college athletics, while the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics accounts for the other 20 percent.

Popular NCAA schools include University of Notre Dame, University of California in San Diego and UC Santa Cruz.

Topics like courses required, grade-point average and test scores will be discussed. Different divisions require different amounts of work and different grade levels.

For example, students who want to play for the sports team at a Division I school must have four years of English, three years of math, and two years of social science to name a few the requirements. Their GPA cannot be lower than 2.0.

Because of this, the seminar is recommended for students in ninth and tenth grade, who still have time to complete the requirements. Juniors and seniors are also welcome to attend.

Click here for a full description of the requirements to be eligible for the NCAA and NAIA.

For more information about the meeting and eligibility, contact LeBarron at 661-259-0033 ext. 226 or dlebarron@hartdistrict.org.


Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or drop us a line at community@hometownstation.com.




Source: Santa Clarita News


NCAA Eligibility Meeting For Students, Parents Hosted By Hart District

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

About hometown