Plans for the new Costco and cinema at the Westfield Valencia Town Center have been released by the Santa Clarita Planning Commission.
The proposed layout for “The Patios Connection” project at the Valencia mall — which includes a “luxury” cinema, gym and Costco, as well as a 30-pump gas station — were released as part of the agenda for the Santa Clarita Planning Commission’s meeting Tuesday.
The layout proposes a 2,138 square-foot expansion to The Canyon Santa Clarita, which would meet with a 34,185 square-foot gym. Additionally, a new 32,000 square-foot luxury cinema would be built facing the east end of The Patios, according to City documents.
The development would result in the addition of 101,129 square feet of new commercial space, according to officials.
The proposed Costco would include a 275-space rooftop parking lot, and would also encompass the northeast and southeast sides of the cinema, with the ramp to the rooftop parking at the southern side of the property, according to a layout provided by the Planning Commision.
Additionally, 65 of the parking spots are set to be pre-wired as electronic vehicle charging stations, according to documents from the Planning Commission.
The project is also set to include 42 bicycle lockers.
The expansion to the Westfield Valencia Town Center is expected to have an impact on traffic and parking in the nearby area.
“The proposed project would generate 3,716 new daily trips and create significant traffic impacts at six intersections within the community,” reads the official release. “The proposed project includes an off-site parking agreement to provide additional parking supply on weekends during the holiday season between Thanksgiving and Christmas.”
These improvements to surrounding intersections include:
- The westbound side of Newhall Ranch Road at the intersection of McBean Parkway and Newhall Ranch Road is set to be reconfigured to add an additional left-turn lane, resulting in a total of three left-turn lanes.
- The northbound side of McBean Parkway at the intersection of McBean Parkway and Creekside Road is set to be reconfigured to add an additional left-turn lane, resulting in a total of two left-turn lanes.
- The existing right-turn lane on the northbound side of Bouquet Canyon Road at the intersection of Valencia Boulevard and Bouquet Canyon Road is set to be extended.
- The eastbound side for the intersection of Valencia Boulevard and Magic Mountain Parkway is set to have an additional left-turn lane added for a total of three.
- The westbound side for the intersection of McBean Parkway and Valencia Boulevard is set to add an additional left-turn lane for a total of three.
A proposed 30-pump gas station would also be located between the two mall entrances on Citrus Street, and feature a solar roof, according to officials.
The Patios Connection project is expected to complete construction by late 2022 upon approval.
A public hearing regarding the project is set for 6 p.m. Jan. 21 in the Santa Clarita City Hall Council Chambers.Do you have a news tip? Call us at (661) 298-1220, or send an email to email@example.com. Don’t miss a thing. Get breaking KHTS Santa Clarita News Alerts delivered right to your inbox. Report a typo or error, email Corrections@hometownstation.com
KHTS FM 98.1 and AM 1220 is Santa Clarita’s only local radio station. KHTS mixes in a combination of news, traffic, sports, and features along with your favorite adult contemporary hits. Santa Clarita news and features are delivered throughout the day over our airwaves, on our website and through a variety of social media platforms. Our KHTS national award-winning daily news briefs are now read daily by 34,000+ residents. A vibrant member of the Santa Clarita community, the KHTS broadcast signal reaches all of the Santa Clarita Valley and parts of the high desert communities located in the Antelope Valley. The station streams its talk shows over the web, reaching a potentially worldwide audience. Follow @KHTSRadio on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.